SD2 and Operation Flashpoint

I have the Acer 2010A, and using cloneCD latest version… but for some reason (probably down to me) i cant copy operation flashpoint

I am Reading with a Mirai BP1500 Supports and Writing with the Acer 2010A but the settings are troubleing me…

And i do belive that the Acer Supports writing or regular bit patterns required for SD2.

what are the recommended settings…

Meanwhilst i will keep trying, GOD BLESS Re-writables

Thanx for any help.

Hi,

I think you must use a reader that have amplify weak sectors sd2 like a HP 9110i and copy it with the new blindwrite package. I managed to make me a backup copy of Red Alert 2 with SD2 protection. No other program worked including CloneCD, but blindwrite worked perfectly. It even test the image for any error before taking you to the next step of burning the cd.

Hope It Helps!!!
{Creep}:stuck_out_tongue:

The Acer should be able to write SafeDisc 2 just fine. Provided Op. Flashpoint indeed uses SafeDisc 2 use these settings:

READ:

[ul][li]Read Speed 4x (just to be safe)
[/li][*]Fast Error Skip ON[/ul]And write with the default options (buffer underrun and close session ticked, others off). Do not use Amplify Weak Sectors since your drive doesn’t need it.

G@M3FR3@K you are da man lol… it was the speed i was reading at that caused some problems i found it only worked at 4x read and max 10speed Write…

thanks a bunch peeps…

make an image using Clonecd, and then drop it into BetaBlocker then patch the weak sectors, and then burn and it will work like the original, that is how I obtained a working back using my plex 12x10x32 SCSI

He already made a working back-up :rolleyes:

me being a noob so to speak in the area of SD2… Using betablocker would i still need to use my SD2 capable Acer CD-writer or could i use that then on any writer with “AWS” on or off?

I suggest you read these articles @ CD Freaks:

[ul][li]SafeDisc 2 explained and defeated, and
[/li][*]New CloneCD options explained[/ul]To help you on your way :slight_smile:

i had heard that flashpoint had a completely differant form of protection that allowed you to only play the game to a point and then it would fade out or you would run out of ammo so it played like a demo?

Originally posted by aaron-is
i had heard that flashpoint had a completely differant form of protection that allowed you to only play the game to a point and then it would fade out or you would run out of ammo so it played like a demo?

na all my m8ts have completed it without any prob

Greets from the Diplomat :smiley: