SD2.60 help with GTA3

vbimport

i have a plextor 8432 with firmware 1.09. i know my burner doesnt support EFM but ive heard that with other programs, i might be able to make a backup. what do i need to do to make a backup of GTA3? ive heard that it uses SD3 but thats not correct. this quote was taken off the cdfreaks page, im sure you all have read it:

Little inside information on this release on why its taking so long. One serial is hard coded into the CD. No two CDs are identical of GTA3. The protection problem is that it needs to match up serial you enter to the serial which is hardcoded in the software. Its a new type of protection type of scheme supposivley it has defeated CloneCD and Blindwrite on a few attempts.

that info is not correct. i own a copy of GTA3. there is no serial that you have to enter, theres no serial at all. also, ive read a couple of other posts saying that GTA3 actually uses SD 2.60 which is easier to get around than SD 2.51. please give me suggestions to try. thx in advance.

also, ive read a couple of other posts saying that GTA3 actually uses SD 2.60 which is easier to get around than SD 2.51

But this is not true. Only difference is the location of the week sectors. If you can write SD 2.51, then you can also write SD 2.60 and vice versa.

Originally posted by alexnoe
If you can write SD 2.51, then you can also write SD 2.60 and vice versa.
…a small but important distinction is that .020 didn’t kill off the one sheep/dot burners, it was .021; both are 2.51