SD to USB

vbimport

alright so this may be a little out there, but i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a (or if they even exist) SD to USB adapter

basically something like this only i dont want it to have memory, i want it to be that when i plug the sd card into my laptop it turns it into an extra usb port

if anyone knows of anything like that please let me know! (or even a tutorial saying how to build one would rock)

PS i dont NEED an extra USB port on my laptop i was simply using it as an example to help clarify what i was looking for

I’m not sure if this is what your mean but I have a Kingston TravelLite SD/MMC reader that I bought at Newegg for about $5.00. You put your SD card into it and plug it into a USB port, now you have and extra USB flash drive. I’ve only ever used it with 1 and 2 gig SD cards but it works fine. Take a look on Newegg’s site to see if you can find what you want.

Hi,[quote=GamezR2EZ;2151631]i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a (or if they even exist) SD to USB adapter

basically something like this only i dont want it to have memory, i want it to be that when i plug the sd card into my laptop it turns it into an extra usb port[/quote]so you’re looking for an USB controller that connects to a SD card interface?
I seriously doubt such exists.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2151688]Hi,so you’re looking for an USB controller that connects to a SD card interface?
I seriously doubt such exists.

Michael[/QUOTE]

absolutly correct, thats what i need
and i doubt one exists also BUT i could really use it and was wondering if anyone has ever heard or attempted to make such a thing

[quote=GamezR2EZ;2151794]absolutly correct, thats what i need
and i doubt one exists also BUT i could really use it and was wondering if anyone has ever heard or attempted to make such a thing[/quote]

If there is no purpose for one why would one ever be made to exist?
I doubt it will ever be made, there is simply no reason.

[QUOTE=xtacydima;2151911]If there is no purpose for one why would one ever be made to exist?
I doubt it will ever be made, there is simply no reason.[/QUOTE]

well i have a purpose for one, hence why i was asking
but thanx anyway guys, i order some parts and im going to try to throw one together

Good luck with your project. I was wondering, does it have to be the SD slot? There is an adapter for the CF slot which will give you usb, but the transfer speed will actually be slower than usb 1.1 due to the PPC limitations. Just a thought.

There are a few devices available in SDIO format, but not yet USB or serial ports, though it appears there is a controller IC that could do it.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2152134]I was wondering, does it have to be the SD slot?[/QUOTE]

yes unfortunately it does, and the CF gave me the idea! lol

[QUOTE=Matth;2152214]There are a few devices available in SDIO format, but not yet USB or serial ports, though it appears there is a controller IC that could do it.[/QUOTE]

:eek: link please:iagree: