SD 2.8: Not copyable anymore ? Rainbow Six 3, Splinter Cell etc. NEW GENERATION?

SD 2.8: Not copyable anymore ??? Rainbow Six 3, Splinter Cell etc. NEW GENERATION ???

what`s this all about …

Take a Look: My last Thread

today i tried to produce a working backup of Rainbow Six 3:Raven Shield …

same procedure as every time … ClonyXXL-Scan: SafeDisc 2.8…

My Burnhardware:

Asus 52x/24x/52x

read settings:

• max speed
  • only fast error skip selected
    everything else switched off

write settings:

• max speed
  • nothing else selected

–> backup doesn`t work …

after this nonsence i tried again … with the old version of CCD
3.3.4.1 … but same effect …

up to this point of time … SafeDisc 2.5.—.-.-.-2.8xxx were no problem for this burner …

what`s wrong … New generation of SafeDisc 2.8XXX

INFO: I TESTED THE GERMAN VERSIONS …

please help ,…,. BECAUSE …
it`s so disgusting … the backups (also played in dvd-rom) only work, when i switch on CCD-Tray with Hide-CDR-Media checked ??? :a :a :a

try another burning app. ccd has a known bug with sd 2.8.

Oh and there is a new sd 2.9 but so far that’s only a patch on igi-2 so it won’t be usable to it’s full potential.

I thought Raven Shield was CDZilla or something wierd like that?

hi dude. try to use alcohol or blindwrite in newest versions. for me they worked fine, i guess for ya too as your burner is as i suppose a two-sheep burner!

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
I thought Raven Shield was CDZilla or something wierd like that?
CDilla is the old name for Macrovision Safedisc. Some users still state CDilla as the copy protection, but it is basically Safedisc.
BTW - Rainbow 6 3: Raven Shield is protected with Safedisc version 2.80.011. This is still copyable with a “2 sheep” burner.

yes it`s copyable …

but in fact or better in my case … CCD isn`t able to copy it …

i have to use BWS to get the wished effect,.,.,. :frowning:

what`s wrong with CCD … will there be a fix …???

i hope so …

hi, its a feature or a bug … lol…

Well, i had lot of trouble with my backups in alcohol, so I tested in clonecd and i got copies that worked on my LG cdwriter and Cdrom(unknown crappy brand) if i ONLY select HIDE CDR… this seems like if my CDrom can read aTIP.
So i uninstalled CLonecd and PRESTO! the copy worked perfect on all drives without any kind of emulation…

PD:some ppl are having several errors with a temporary file related to safedisc… try to turn hide CDR on and run the backup… if no go try uninstalling clone… you’ll be surprised!!

maybe somekind of blacklist who knows!

bye!

.Sorry about my english, hope you understand…

CloneCD has no bug with SafeDisc 2.80. Stop posting that it has. The problem with SafeDisc 2.80.010 discs is that Macrovision has added pre-gap information to the disc as part of the protection. CloneCD simply does not read (and thus also doesn’t write) this area of the disc. CloneCD can however emulated it just fine (as Alcohol also does) using the ‘emulate weak sectors’ option. When playing the back-up you always need to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’. If that doesn’t work then you can report back…

Ps. the reason why some back-ups work when the weak sectors are ‘just’ amplified is because some drives cannot read pre-gap information. So when you play the back-up from these drives the back-up will also work (when you have burned it with a 2-sheep burner of course). Lite-On writers can read pre-gap information so that’s where the problem lies. Although the drive is a 2-sheep recorder, it needs emulation. Well that’s the theory anyway…

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]CloneCD has no bug with SafeDisc 2.80. Stop posting that it has. The problem with SafeDisc 2.80.010 discs is that Macrovision has added pre-gap information to the disc as part of the protection. CloneCD simply does not read (and thus also doesn’t write) this area of the disc. CloneCD can however emulated it just fine (as Alcohol also does) using the ‘emulate weak sectors’ option. When playing the back-up you always need to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’. If that doesn’t work then you can report back…

Ps. the reason why some back-ups work when the weak sectors are ‘just’ amplified is because some drives cannot read pre-gap information. So when you play the back-up from these drives the back-up will also work (when you have burned it with a 2-sheep burner of course). Lite-On writers can read pre-gap information so that’s where the problem lies. Although the drive is a 2-sheep recorder, it needs emulation. Well that’s the theory anyway… [/B]

As I understand it, ‘emulate weak sectors’ only emulates the weak sectors, not the pre-gap. I think Clone always emulates the pre-gap and it is done on the disc itself somehow so it shouldn’t need ‘hide cdr media’ enabled. The problem is that it doesn’t work all the time. It works for me in one of my computers but not in the other one. If I use Alcohol it works on both. Even better, try to use Discjuggler, cause that actually copies the content of the pre-gap instead of just emulating it. That, however, requires a reader that is able to read the pre-gap to make the image (I used my Liteon 52246S).

Originally posted by Bulk
CDilla is the old name for Macrovision Safedisc. Some users still state CDilla as the copy protection, but it is basically Safedisc.
BTW - Rainbow 6 3: Raven Shield is protected with Safedisc version 2.80.011. This is still copyable with a “2 sheep” burner.

Is there a SD 2.80.011 out or is it just a typo? - I know only of SD 2.80.010

Hey Gamefreak, is it rumor or true that discjuggler writes the pre-gap. If this is true, wouldntit be ideal for copyingf sd2.8?

Shit… I hate when they make new protections.
Will there soon be an update for clonecd, that can handle these new safedisk and securom protections??? :rolleyes:

As I understand it, ‘emulate weak sectors’ only emulates the weak sectors, not the pre-gap. I think Clone always emulates the pre-gap and it is done on the disc itself somehow so it shouldn’t need ‘hide cdr media’ enabled. The problem is that it doesn’t work all the time. It works for me in one of my computers but not in the other one. If I use Alcohol it works on both. Even better, try to use Discjuggler, cause that actually copies the content of the pre-gap instead of just emulating it. That, however, requires a reader that is able to read the pre-gap to make the image (I used my Liteon 52246S).
No CloneCD simply cannot read and write pre-gap information. BUT when you use emulation then you can use Hide CDR Media to prevent a drive from reading pre-gap information (yes Hide CDR Media can do much more than just hide media). As I understand it Alcohol also doesn’t read pre-gap information (since a lot of drives don’t support this) and simply knows what’s in there and adds this while writing the image but please note that I could be wrong here since I don’t use Alcohol.

Hey Gamefreak, is it rumor or true that discjuggler writes the pre-gap. If this is true, wouldntit be ideal for copyingf sd2.8?
Yes, that’s why DiscJuggler works. But the program itself is, in my opinion, a little more difficult to set-up. You can read more information here (read FutureProof’s post with the images) though which should help you create a working disc.

Will there soon be an update for clonecd, that can handle these new safedisk and securom protections???
SafeDisc is not a problem. SecuRom is for now although Twinpeak can help there.

hi again …

now i have tested BWS in connection with this new SD 2.8…

and im sorry but i have to say, that up to now it seems to be impossible to copy this kind of protection ... with BWS or CCD... im not sure about DJ but perhabs this will be the only way …

up to this point of time … i hope there will be a patch soon …

[SafeDisc is not a problem. SecuRom is for now although Twinpeak can help there. ]

i know that the new safedisk can be beaten with emulation, but i don’t like emulating my games.
Does’nt anyone know if there will be an update for our beloved clonecd??? an update that can handle the new safedisk without emulation, and securom without the hard twinpeak methode???
there most be an update on its way

Originally posted by petspeed
[B]

Is there a SD 2.80.011 out or is it just a typo? - I know only of SD 2.80.010 [/B]
It exists. Not a typo.

Hi,

Splinter Cell copy works fine for me. (Without emulation )

Software:

Clone CD 4.2.0.2 (settings Profiler 1.2 for Safedisc 2.8 without AWS)

Hardware:

Reader : Toshiba XM-6702 ----------> 8X

Burner: LG8320B------------------------>8X

Originally posted by engasada
[B]Hi,

Splinter Cell copy works fine for me. (Without emulation )

Software:

Clone CD 4.2.0.2 (settings Profiler 1.2 for Safedisc 2.8 without AWS)

Hardware:

Reader : Toshiba XM-6702 ----------> 8X

Burner: LG8320B------------------------>8X [/B]

if this is true … you must have a different version (which location ???) …

as a matter of fact my version (german-version) has the protection no.: SafeDisc v2.80.011

[checked with SDanalyser]

so perhaps you find a way to prove your pretection no. THX :rolleyes:

Hi,

This is true!!!

My version is Spanish Version. (but multilingual, perhaps European version?)

I have checked it with Clony XXL and this program has found Safedisc 2.8 protection (only in Disc 3).

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]CloneCD has no bug with SafeDisc 2.80. Stop posting that it has. The problem with SafeDisc 2.80.010 discs is that Macrovision has added pre-gap information to the disc as part of the protection. CloneCD simply does not read (and thus also doesn’t write) this area of the disc. CloneCD can however emulated it just fine (as Alcohol also does) using the ‘emulate weak sectors’ option. When playing the back-up you always need to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’. If that doesn’t work then you can report back…

Ps. the reason why some back-ups work when the weak sectors are ‘just’ amplified is because some drives cannot read pre-gap information. So when you play the back-up from these drives the back-up will also work (when you have burned it with a 2-sheep burner of course). Lite-On writers can read pre-gap information so that’s where the problem lies. Although the drive is a 2-sheep recorder, it needs emulation. Well that’s the theory anyway… [/B]

Do you know why ALCOHOL 120% can copy Safedisk 2.8 with every burner (my copies of SIMCITY 4 and SPLINTER CELL work even with my old Plx 24x and “bypass EFM” option enabled)?
What about this pregap data that ALCOHOL “knows” and writes correctly?