Sd 2.51, Plextor & Toshiba reader

Hello guys,
is there anyone who is able to make a working backupusing a Plextor on a Toshiba reader? I have a Toshiba sd-c 2502 (on the noitebook of my sister) and till now neither backup of Mafia nor Gta3 work on this device.
Enabling Aws situation get worse… with ccd 3341 there are only few extra errors with Clone4.0.1.10 the situation was a true disaster.
I have a Plex1210a and 2410a.
Any suggest? Where is my mistake (if there’s a mistake?).
Thanks.

its been a problem when u enable the option to correct aws this has problems when come reading with toshiba cdroms,i have the same problem so u just have to change cdroms to use as a reader other than the toshiba…i have 3different cd roms with 3 writers on my system…hope that helps u out mate.

You could try using Betablocker to patch the weak sectors. In your case, try reading and writing with your Plextor, enabling AWS.

Betablocker v1.0
Try Betablocker v1.0 it should give users a fully working SD2 backups, even from non-SD2 compatible recorders and its very simple to use software! Just make the image of the protected CD with Clone cd, drag&drop the image into the software, press “Scan Sectors” (detects the sectors which needs to be patched), and then press “Patch Sectors” (will apply the changes in the image). Once You have burned the patched image with your non-SD2 compatible recorders, test the backup in as many CD-ROMS/DVD-ROMS as you can.
Download Betablocker 1.0 here

If you select “no error correction” with the Toshiba, then every single amplified sector will be reported bad, and there’s nothing you can do about it (besides buying a 2 sheep burner)

Hi guys , I am having problems copying Sd2.51 and up as maximino with my toshiba dvd that do not want to run my backups.
Anyone can tell me what are the exact settings to read & write sd2.51 protected discs without any problem with this combination of devices?

The Toshiba DVD-ROM can only play the back-up if you amplified the weak sectors when writing the image file with your Plextor drive. I have a SD-M1502 Toshi here and it can play back-ups created with a Plextor 40X recorder when AWS was enabled. When it was disabled the back-up would fail.

Well, I have copied my original C&C Renegade; and it works well in my toshiba… but; another thing.
If I try to make a backup of backup of a game with sd2.51 like Serius Sam: SE; that was made with a Lite-ON 24102B. Why does it fails me in the damned toshiba DVD?
Does AWS fail in these cases of backup of backup( being used a EFM compatible burner before)?

I can’t give any reasonable explanation for this, but LiteOn 24102B has been reported to cause coasters with AWS enabled several times.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
The Toshiba DVD-ROM can only play the back-up if you amplified the weak sectors when writing the image file with your Plextor drive. I have a SD-M1502 Toshi here and it can play back-ups created with a Plextor 40X recorder when AWS was enabled. When it was disabled the back-up would fail.

When I have tried with Aws the Toshiba stops loading immediately and I obtain an error in .exe file.
Greetings.

Sorry I write bad my question; I wanted to say that when I make a backup of backup ( made the first backup with a liteon 24102B) with my plex 40x; it fails in my toshiba dvd.

What is the problem in these cases? Is it a limitation of the plex 40x? Is it only capable of making a backup from the original?

Thanks

I explain better: I tried to activate this option with Delta Force: Task force dagger (2.60.052) but when I read again the backup all the weak sectors are marked as unreadable sectors; is this correct?
Thanks.

Yes, that is correct; when you use AWS option the weak errors become in unreadable too. But there are some drives like the plex 24x or 40x that do not recognize this weak sectors as unreadable (and the toshiba dvd drives yes)¿?:confused:

Originally posted by alexnoe
…but LiteOn 24102B has been reported to cause coasters with AWS enabled…
My three Liteys do this.

Thanks, at least I know that if all the weak are unreadable is correct even if The toshiba refuses to read them.

My Plex1210a and 2410a aren’t able to do good copies which works on the Toshiba; used clone 3 and 4 with Aws but no luck.
Tested Mafia, Gta3 and Delta Force… I would like some advices (besides buying a two sheep burner:) ).
Greetings.

I had no problems with the plex1210a. I burned GTA 3 and played it with AWS on. I dont see where the problem with the plextor is. Maybe I am reading this thread wrong. Is it the plex or the toshiba that is giving you the problem?

You will have to buy a Lite-ON or a LG; that are the typical sd2 killer burners.
However the quality of that writers are worse than Plextor.
I have a lite-ON 24102B and a plex 40x (bought few weeks ago).Well, although the plex 40x is not capable of bypassing the sd2.51 and above ( for my system of course); the Lite-ON is a machine in these tasks; but the quality of recording is in my opinion bad.
The reason of this I can backup console discs at full speed ith the plex 40x without problems; and the lite-ON can but in some old consoles ( especially dreamcast) runs with some problems of noise.
About LG I can give an opinion because I do not have one; but like the lite-ON , they can not write less of 8x.

@Flying Dutchman: First of all sorry for my English…
I can’t make a backup with my Plex1210a or 2410a with works on the Toshiba sd-c 2502 of the notebook; I have fw 1.08 on the 12x and 1.01 on the 24x.
I’ ve tried clonecd 3.3.4.1 and 4.0.1.10 with/without Aws but the backup works only simetimes on my Hitachi dvdrom; when I try with the Toshiba it stop immediately loading… If you say you haven’t any problem with your 1210a I’m very confused.
Greetings.

I had no problems with the plex. I burned it using the AWS enabled profile and I read it from the plex with the Hide-CDr media turned on. I have the 1.10 installed on the plex.