SD 2.51 *not* in DAO

vbimport

Hi all. i am looking for the guy who claimed that sd 2.xx.xx is copied better when writing in SAO mode [not DAO]
I just want more info on this.....if ur the guy tell me ! i want to know!! I think he said he was using a LITE-ON.

(@tax and others, i tried the search - i couldn'tfind the info. :P)

I did a simple search of ALL the forums for your answer. Here is a thread with one guy who did this. And here’s another thread. I’m sure one of these guys are who you are looking for.

I tried Bridge Commander (german version is SD 2.6), which also has an audio track, to burn in RAW-SAO.

Result: CloneCD crashed immediately when the audio track began, and only the second next reboot succeeded…

Plextor 24x, 1.04, Win 2kSP2

cheers, but a bit weird though - i did a search of SAo and got nothin! doesn’t matter…

Yes guys it’s I who place the original thread regarding SAO mode writing.

However, let me explain. SAO writing does not work on all games. I have discovered it to work with SD2.xx games only. Almost every other copy protection failed to copy correctly using SAO. Secondly, I did this on my Liteon LTR 32123S burner, both reading and writing. I also used Clone CD 3.xxx (cant remember the exact version). Why did I do this??? Well, I have a Pioneer DVD drive that is sensitive to copied games. Some games worked and other refused to work, but worked fine in my burner. So frustration was my inspiration to experiment with this setting.

Now I have discovered, since then, why this worked and it’s simply due to a more accurate timing of the laser head. Apparently the power calibration of the laser head is more accurately times in SAO writing mode also. The end result… a shaper and much easier cd to read.

Now, if you attempt to do this yourself, use a re-writable cd, make sure it has SD2.xx protection, and go for it! When you’re finished, scan the cd for bad sectors and you will discover there are none! In case you’re wondering how this game is now going to work, I have no explanation. It does! And does it very, very well indeed!

Furthermore, if you have ever created an image of a SD2.xx game, you will know that it takes a very long time to do. However, if you do it on one of these SAO copied cd’s, because there are no bad sectors, you will create this image in around 3 minutes (40X read). Amazed? Try it!

Originally posted by Starrman
use a re-writable cd
Why?

Originally posted by shuebhussain
Why?

Cd-rw coasters can be formatted…

right , but i use 20p cdr’s so for me 6 x cdr’s = 1 x cdrw.
Ill just make coasters on cdr’s and chuck 'em away :cool:

[B]Yes guys it’s I who place the original thread regarding SAO mode writing.

However, let me explain. SAO writing does not work on all games. I have discovered it to work with SD2.xx games only. Almost every other copy protection failed to copy correctly using SAO. Secondly, I did this on my Liteon LTR 32123S burner, both reading and writing. I also used Clone CD 3.xxx (cant remember the exact version). Why did I do this??? Well, I have a Pioneer DVD drive that is sensitive to copied games. Some games worked and other refused to work, but worked fine in my burner. So frustration was my inspiration to experiment with this setting.

Now I have discovered, since then, why this worked and it’s simply due to a more accurate timing of the laser head. Apparently the power calibration of the laser head is more accurately times in SAO writing mode also. The end result… a shaper and much easier cd to read.

Now, if you attempt to do this yourself, use a re-writable cd, make sure it has SD2.xx protection, and go for it! When you’re finished, scan the cd for bad sectors and you will discover there are none! In case you’re wondering how this game is now going to work, I have no explanation. It does! And does it very, very well indeed!

Furthermore, if you have ever created an image of a SD2.xx game, you will know that it takes a very long time to do. However, if you do it on one of these SAO copied cd’s, because there are no bad sectors, you will create this image in around 3 minutes (40X read). Amazed? Try it!
[/B]

What pioneer dvd-rom drive do u have?
i have a pioneer dvd-rom 116 drive, is that sensitive to copied games? like toshiba dvd-rom drives are!!!

Never knew there was a 116 model??? I have the 115 model. :slight_smile:

Use a good reader, such as plextor (with NO error correction) or toshiba (with hardware error correction) and get your images much faster…

Oh no, it takes 6 minutes to read an image…
Some people are very stressed… :slight_smile:

Ummmm… Spath might have to correct me, but I’m pretty sure that this is not a generic truth. ECMA-130 and None of the MMC specs make any mention of this. Where did you see this?