SD 2.51.052 and above theory for 24x plex

i have a plex 24x…and i have copied BF1942 and Madden 2003 with ease and playable through a 56x and 24x cdrom and my cd writers!!!..what i have found out that since it is a “one sheep” burner it can still smoke any of the latest sd2 games (2.70.052-----Madden 2003) and BF1942----2.60.052…for the error correction i used “hardware” let the plex “identify” those errors…i have found out that this is compatible with other cdroms/dvd drives/cd writers when trying to install the game on other comps and bypassing the protection…never use “none” for error correction only if you have a burner that needs “AWS”…use “software” correction if your burner supports “correct efm aka two sheep burner”…when using hardware correction it does take about 30 minutes to make the image, since it “identifies” each sector…but hey at least you get a backup that works in 95% of hardware that is out there…go ahead try this out you will be amazed

could it be that “one sheep burners” only need hardware error correction enabled to successfully make a 1:1 backup of any SD2 game…please inform me with your results!!!

read the image at “max”
write the image at “max”
do not use regenerate data sectors
do not use read subchannel data
do not use AWS feature…
will post pics of settings that i used

I think problem of Weak Sectors is in writing not reading.

weak sector is a corrupt sector/bad sector…if correct efm is present thus the sector will be read and written with the information stored on the chipset of the cd writer…thus

if software correction is used…clone cd will identify those sectors with information based upon the program code???

if hardware correction is used…cd writer will identify those sectors with information based upon the chipset EFM???

…----as stated before this is just theory…----- would like others to test this

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp

could it be that “one sheep burners” only need hardware error correction enabled to successfully make a 1:1 backup of any SD2 game…

…as I’ve commented before, you are one of those very fortunate individuals whose Plexy can kill SD2.5x.x

If it was only a matter of EC then G@M3FR3@K would be shouting it from the rooftops…

[deathly silence]…[/deathly silence]

Mind you, the Toshi 1502 does not return good results when run in software mode :wink:

on the other hand why would a gamer want to read the original disc with a dvd drive and not the correct efm cd writer??? i could be wrong

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
…read the original disc with a dvd drive and not the correct efm cd writer??? i could be wrong
…because correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns has nothing to do with reading :wink:

…it’s the error skipping that’s a dog on the reading

Reading weak sectors is also difficult, but at the moment, this is only of any importance when reading a backup.

There’s a reasonable explanation for some backups only working in some drives based on this. It has been discussed in the optical storage techincal discussions forum.