Screen Saver not Working

vbimport

Hi.
I am using Windows 7 ultimate x64. When I am trying to select a screen saver in the personalization screen, it is showing no screen saver selected. Even after selecting one of the screen savers, the condition remains unchanged. All the themes and other graphics related programs are running fine. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
Thanks in advance.

Okay, close all your Programs and restart your computer. When it comes up, right click on your Desktop and you should get a Control Panel Window, to Change Visuals and Sounds. Check the lower right and you will probably see a red X on the Screen Saver, click this and a Screen Saver Settings Window will come up. Now the Screen Saver pull down will probably be on None, change here to something else and see if you can Preview. :cool:

Is your video card driver up to date?

@Alchav21: couldn’t follow your instruction. When I right click on the desktop the normal right click menu is shown. From there if I go to personalization menu and choose a screensaver, the same thing happens.
@Mr. Belvedere: yes. My graphics drivers are up to date.

[QUOTE=ajd112;2602845]@Alchav21: couldn’t follow your instruction. When I right click on the desktop the normal right click menu is shown. From there if I go to personalization menu and choose a screensaver, the same thing happens.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, I did miss a step, right click the Desktop go down to Personalization, then you get the Visuals and Sounds Window. Does your Screen Saver Icon have a red X? When you click it you should get a Screen Saver Settings Window. Now from here you should be able to pick the Screen Saver you want. Can you do this? Did you close everything and restart your computer. Many people feel a computer should not be shut down, I am not from that school. :cool: