Scratched dvs

vbimport

i have several dvds and games that have specs on them. they are randomly located. they look almost like something was sprayed and not wiped off but thy do not loke like water spots
any idea what causes them

thanks

[QUOTE=brenda15;2498790]i have several dvds and games that have specs on them. they are randomly located. they look almost like something was sprayed and not wiped off but thy do not loke like water spots
any idea what causes them

thanks[/QUOTE]

can you give a picture of them? Did you use some cleaning solution on them to see if the spots go away? Did you use lens cleaner solution to see if it would remove or clear up the spots? What do you means specs on them???

Do they still play?

Or you can take them to your local Blockbuster or Hollywood Video store and most likely they will polish them free for you if you ask nicely, If you are in the US

actually i work at a video store. they do play for a while but if they get worse it affects their play. I don’t know quite how to describe them. they are the same color as the dvd surface they arn’t lines like scratches. it’s almost like someone spilled tiny glitter flakes on them. sorry i just can’t think of anyway to describe them but it is happening to a lot of dvds.

thanks for all of you help everyone;)

Are they the originals or copies ?

If you have a scanner scan the disc surface & post an image.It might help identify the problem.
My best guest is the “glue” is not holding where the spots are.