Scout is dead

Look here: http://www.entf.de/

You only find this at the German-Lanuage-Website at that time (but at the closing page of Scout stands something of a v2.3 and in the Screenshot included it looks like that you can change the settings)

Now is the question which CD-Copy-Protection-Detector should we use now?

Damn it! All these detection services are closing! First clony now this, i can feel YAPS sweating already.

A possible solution would be for CloneCD to incorporate its own copy detection mechanism.

This would be very cool because of mainly three reasons:-

1. It would tell the novices, look this CD can’t be copied, so dont even try => less stupid posts & arguments on the forum!

2. CloneCD would be able to select the best options/profiles automatically for copying the CD. Save us all a few extra mouse clicks.

3. We would know it was fairly reliable and up-to-date, being supported by an actual software developer.

I think CD-Mate has this on its “to look at” list, but personally I don’t use it.

Even if Olli did this as a bolt on feature and charged extra, I’d buy it, and so would many others… so there is money to be made, but the legal implications may be problematic. :cool:

You are right that that would be great, but as you told not possible because of legal laws. Scout is closed because of the new laws which will come out in Germany, and as I know Elaborate Bytes is a German Company … .

Originally posted by ghost_zero
You are right that that would be great, but as you told not possible because of legal laws. Scout is closed because of the new laws which will come out in Germany, and as I know Elaborate Bytes is a German Company … .

Elaborate Bytes has moved to the non European Union country Switserland, to avoid legal problems.

Does anybody know if this law which will come in Germany will also come to Austria (also a European Union Country)?

Afaik they plan to introduce some kind of DMCA for the EU…

:frowning:

Hi,
Go to this link:

h**p://www.entf.de/englisch/

The programe is there :slight_smile:

http://home.arcor.de/toastman/

Toast says (in german):
One last version will come out … exclusive on a later announced ‘Partner-Site’ … more details, if it is done.

NixDa