Schindlers List

Running DVDFab 6

When I put in Schindlers List, a blue box comes up as usual that says:
open DvdSource [Schindlers List]
Then it says: Error While Reading.

It won’t let me open the disk so I can’t send Ifo Files or copy them to hard drive for cleaning etc…

By the way…The Movie disk works fine on all of the house Dvd Players so I know the disk is in good shape.

Make sure you have the CSS Version of DVDFab. Download from here in the forum or dvdfab.[B]com[/B], not dvdfab.[B]net[/B]. If the disc won’t open in DVDFab, it may still be bad. Set PathPlayer to “Always enable”. I had no trouble with this disc set several years ago. I used DVDFab to convert it to a single DL disc. If all else fails, you can use windows to copy the IFO files to a compressed folder and email them.

CSS Version?

[QUOTE=Countryshack;2281913]CSS Version?[/QUOTE]

Yup…the version of DVDFab available from DVDFab.net is the non-CSS version - can’t handle the CSS protection scheme.

The version of DVDFab available from DVDFab.com is the CSS version - removes the CSS protection scheme. (CSS= Content Scrambling System)

If you’re running the Non-CSS version, it should say that on the top line of the program window.

On the other hand, you may just have a bad pressing…the fact it’ll play doesn’t mean much, especially since you are trying to copy it.

OC

:slight_smile:

Yes, I have a registered copy. I’ve been with DvdFab for years.
In fact I just upgraded to 6 this morning.

The disk is fine.
I’ve had this problem from time to time with DvdFab. And I send in the IFO files and fengtao then sends out the upgrade.

The problem is that: Every time DVDFab has problems opening a disk, it messes something up on my machine and ALL of my movies sound like they are stuttering when I play them.
So, with XP, I have to shut everything down and so a system restore before my computer will play my other movies again.

By the way, DVDFab won’t open up EITHER side of the dvd (It’s two sided) so I know that it has something to do with the software and not the disk.

Thanks for trying,
Shack.

[QUOTE=Countryshack;2281951]Yes, I have a registered copy. I’ve been with DvdFab for years.

The disk is fine.
I’ve had this problem from time to time with DvdFab. And I send in the IFO files and fengtao then sends out the upgrade.

The problem is that: Every time DVDFab has problems opening a disk, it messes something up on my machine and ALL of my movies sound like they are stuttering when I play them.
So, with XP, I have to shut everything down and so a system restore before my computer will play my other movies again.

By the way, DVDFab won’t open up EITHER side of the dvd (It’s two sided) so I know that it has something to do with the software and not the disk.

Thanks for trying,
Shack.[/QUOTE]

Could also mean something is interferring with Fab, and with all the tweaks that have to be done to make this work on as many different systems as it does can cause problems with other software that may not have been an issue before.

There’s a couple of utilities out there (I don’t remember their names off-hand, as I don’t use them), but they can check for the handles still open in your system for drivers being accessed by other programs, which may point you to possible conflicts.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Countryshack;2281951]Yes, I have a registered copy. I’ve been with DvdFab for years.

The disk is fine.

Thanks for trying,
Shack.[/QUOTE]This sounds like windows has put your drive in PIO transfer mode due to read errors. Click the Reset DMA button in DVDFab->Common Settings->General, lower right corner of page.

How can you be so sure that it’s the software?
Have you tried any other software?
This DVD was released in 2004 and has nothing special on it.

>Because the disk is new.
>Because it plays on all dvd players in the house (even a cheap finiky one that won’t play a disk if it is even a little damp in the house.)
>Because I get an Error while reading on Either Side of the dvd.
>Because Shrink won’t read it either.
>Because this disk is acting EXACTLY like any problem disk that DVDFab had reading in the past until fengtao or ting fixed the problem.

>I sent the IFO’s to Fengtao by pulling them directly off of the disk. Waiting to see what he comes up with. He’s a genius when it comes to this software.

Thanks for trying to help,
We really appreciate it.
Shack

Because Shrink won’t read it either.

?:eek:

If DVDFab can’t read the disk, then Shrink wouldn’t have a chance. You need some kind of software to break the encryption before Shrink could do anything.
Some people who use Shrink, for whatever reason, 1st have to break the encryption with some other software.

I, personally, like DVDFab the best. That’s why I registered the product years ago.
So if I’m wrong (and I have been wrong in the past) explain to me how the disk plays fine on any DVD player (including the one in my computer) but DVDFab can’t read it.
And please explain it technically, if you don’t mind. Because I’m having a Very Hard Time believing that Cyberlink PowerDvd can play it. The sanyo can play it, the samsung can play it, the panasonic can play it, and even that CyberHome hung of junk can play it as long as it isn’t too humid inside.
But you tell me that DVDFab Can’t for some reason.

Thank You.
And explain it in detail (only if you have the time) because as old as I am, I’m always wanting to Learn new things if they are true.

Appreciate it,
Shack.

I’ve had several movies (some old ones) that I had to disable Pathplayer in order to read and copy. Have you tried this?

Thanks Donvan,

I tried that 1st.

As a last resort I went back years to a way that I used to do it before I purchased DvdFab.(LOL I was desperate by now)
>I used Decrypter with RipIt4Me to read the disk and put the files on my hard drive.
>Then I used FixVts to clean up the files.
>Finally used DvdFab to just keep the movie files and burn them to disk.

The process took me Hours! Something that DvdFab usually can accomplish in 15 minutes. (That’s why I LOVE DvdFab so much. It usually works Perfectly and when it doesn’t, Fengtao or ting usually have the solution in a day or so.)

Thanks for your help.
Your suggestion of PathPlayer was a Great One. And I agree with you, it has solved problems in the past on some disk. It’s good to know that there are still some Thinkers out there[;-D}
Thanks again for your reply,
Shack.

Hey Signals,

I almost forgot to Thank You for the DMA advice. I didn’t even realize that DVDFab had that built in!

Thanks So Much for your Help.
Have a good one!
Shack