Scanning Setting for DW1620?

vbimport

Please tell me if these are the right settings for DVD scanning with a Benq DW1620 ?
1ECC or 8ECC ?
I’ve read the FAQ and many threads but I can’t make a decision.
I have understood that 8ECC are the default setting used in this forum, and that the standard are the 1ECC, and that the latter is more significant
Am I right ?

Last time I checked, the ECC setting in the Advanced dialog was ignored for BenQ DW16xx drives.

If you scan at 4x (CAV) you can trick the drive into scanning at 1 ECC by clicking on the Advanced button before scanning. The limits in the displayed graph will be shown as if 8 ECC was used.

1 ECC scanning is better than 8 ECC scanning, but you’ll find far more 8 ECC scans on BenQ DW16xx drives on these forums.

You must decide which better suits your needs.
For any other scanning speed the drive will scan at 8 ECC regardless of your setting IIRC.

thank you DrageMester
i’ll go for 8 ECC scans on, like in this forums so I can compare easily my results.

The only thing is that the benq reports for example a maximun PIF of 8 while a liteon report the same PIf od 2 , using nerocdspeed with both

is it Normal ?

[quote=labo_2000;2119020]The only thing is that the benq reports for example a maximun PIF of 8 while a liteon report the same PIf od 2 , using nerocdspeed with both

is it Normal ?[/quote] Yes, the maximum number of PIF measured per 8 ECC blocks will statistically always be higher than the maximum PIF measured over 1 ECC block.

More about this here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1553921-post41.html

no I mean the same for both drivers , gives me diffrent thing
for exmaple : nerocdspeed ; pif /8ecc : gives me a PIf of 12 with benq and the same PIf scanned with the liteon , only 3
it’s just an example

Yes, because the LiteOn is scanning close to 1 ECC, and the BenQ is still scanning at 8 ECC.

Plus, LiteOn and BenQ drives can slightly disagree on scans, because they see discs differently sometimes.

ah ok
now it’s more clear
thanks a lot