Scandisc not working!

vbimport

:a I have tried seven times now to download and use a newer version of nero cd/dvd speed with no success in the scandisc function! On the surface scan I get a good “green” read but on the error scan i get a BLACK read scan instead of green, with no error reporting! The scan takes place but the pixels as it reads are black and there aren’t even the columns for reporting the c2 and c2 errors. Anybody have this problem or can anyone suggest what might be causing it?

you can scan for C1 and C2 error under the Disc Quality tab.

Yeah I know, I just don’t know why this newer version won’t “scandisc” as it should. I have an older version of cd speed in which the scandisc works properly (other than not reading the first couple of tracks very well!) Is there a reason WHY this newer version doesn’t work?

Try using the [I]Read test[/I] option under ScanDisc. That checks for actual readability instead of trying to estimate readability through C1/C2 (or PIE/PIF) errors.

Read test works fine. Just can’t let go of why this scandisc error reporting function doesn’t work and really would like to know why! Thanks for the replies so far.

for readability test you go to scandisc tab and for error reporting test you go to disc quality tab.
I also get black with white if i check c1/c2 -pi-po test under scandisc tab. but i haven’t used that. for real C1/C2 or PI/PO test go to disc quality tab.

Thanks for the reply. At least I’m not the only one experiencing this problem! I guess I’ll keep my older (version 4.11) cd speed for scandisc just for comparison sake. I assume it is a bug in the new version as it works fine in the older one. It is relatively accurate when comparing it to the disc quality function (except for the difficulty reading the first couple of tracks!)

another option will be to use kprobe for scanning , its intended for liteon drives… and if i recall correctly your drive is an oem liteon sohr-5239…

[B]just noticed you were talking on the scandisc function , my bad[/B] :doh:

Anyone know where I can get the an Old version of cd speed 2000 that does have a working scandisc function (like 4.11???) please let me know…

[quote=nosacrifice;1934782]Anyone know where I can get the an Old version of cd speed 2000 that does have a working scandisc function (like 4.11???) please let me know…[/quote] You can download most older released versions from the official CD-DVD Speed site right here.