Scan differs

vbimport

I have always used my Lite-On Ihas124B for Quality scans. Recently I tried my Optiarc AD7241S and the readings varied greatly.Of the two which is the more reliable for scans? T.I.A

Bump

Both drives report their subjective view of the parity errors they encounter during scanning, so neither drive reports any objective values.

That being said, LiteOn drives (with MediaTek chipsets) tend to report more consistent PIE/PIF values than Optiarc drives, so without any specific knowledge about your scans, I’d presume your LiteOn would be the more consistent scanner for DVDs.

For scanning CDs, however, the Optiarc is probably better, since LiteOn DVD burners don’t report C1 errors in a very useful way (only E31 = C1 failures are reported).

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2598136]Both drives report their subjective view of the parity errors they encounter during scanning, so neither drive reports any objective values.

That being said, LiteOn drives (with MediaTek chipsets) tend to report more consistent PIE/PIF values than Optiarc drives, so without any specific knowledge about your scans, I’d presume your LiteOn would be the more consistent scanner for DVDs.

For scanning CDs, however, the Optiarc is probably better, since LiteOn DVD burners don’t report C1 errors in a very useful way (only E31 = C1 failures are reported).[/QUOTE]
Thanks.