Scam or what?

vbimport

I decided to join a ringtone service which offered one free ringtone. But unfortunately it sucked all my money out of my remaining prepaid ($5 something)… So i had to buy new credit ($30). I then unsubscribed through their service by following the instructions. Today when i turned on the phone, i received another message from them about downloading the ringtone, i checked my credit, the bastards had again charged me money.

I just checked their website, and i realized there’s like 3 different ways of unsubscribing depending on which ringtone you clicked, (the instructions are shown on the bottom)…I’m thinking this site is a scam, using anyway to find money to charge u. anyone heard of --> http://www.4mymob.co.uk/sn_aus

I might phone them in a few days, if this happens again… :a

scam

Buy a data cable and download your own ringtones straight to your phone…

scam

hmmmm…so what should i do?

Get help from consumer communities/foundations, don’t they have such a bureau over there?

Get help from consumer communities/foundations, don’t they have such a bureau over there?

actually, i’ll wait a bit, and if it continues i might change numbers, cos well…i only just got this phone…but yea i’ll see…the fu@#! bastards!

I wonder if they can charge you afterwards if you keep it off or under credit. It’s a subscription you’re agreed to.

I wonder if they can charge you afterwards if you keep it off or under credit. It’s a subscription you’re agreed to.

lol…nah, don’t think so…prepaid won’t work…i came across a site, and they were saying how mobile scams make a lot of money, One company made like 3million in scams in just 4months!

I think it was PT Barnum who said there is a sucker born ever minute.

You’ve been had!

You’ve been had!

grrrr…i guess i’ve learnt my lesson…why these bastards go to long lengths to scam people…their were even scams for the Tsunami…how long can they get?/

Apparently when it comes to money there is no bottom to how low they can get.

Apparently when it comes to money there is no bottom to how low they can get.

INDEED!!!

grrrr…i guess i’ve learnt my lesson…why these bastards go to long lengths to scam people…their were even scams for the Tsunami…how long can they get?/

damn, my spelling mistakes…lol…

vdk_au.

The name says it all: 4mymob.co.uk/sn_aus

The name says it all: 4mymob.co.uk/sn_aus

how do you tell??? damn…these scammers

For my mob (gang of crooks).

In the UK, some of the networks are refunding money from these scam artists. They have taken action not to allow some of them on their networks too.
Contact your customer services and complain, threaten to change networks etc. You might get a refund.

VDK…you have sucker wrote all over ya hun…man up…lol oh wait your just a baby…:smiley:

These ringtone subscription mobs are running rampant in Australia. The advertising is filtering into all aspects of the media, and they all suck you into being charged constantly until you go through some stupid 75,000-step process to unsubscribe, because it doesn’t seem to work first time when you go to ditch them.

One of the ads was for dating tips, SMS “COME” to 1900-blah. It was shown during The Simpsons at 7pm. What a great ad for children to be seeing.

Not really a scam, but deliberate bad wording of the terms. Still scam like though. Bastards.

you should make a post on www.scamcenter.com