SB Live 5.1 DE SE

I just got this card and i havea few questions :

a) Does SB Live requires an idividual IRQ to prevent conflicts ? Some of my PCI cards are sharing IRQs without problems.

b) Can my card uses an Audigy drivers ?

c) I have a set of Creative speakers ( CS 100 ) and a JBL Pro subwoofer. The speakers are connected to the first(1)line out connector. My subwoofer has only an input connector and no output connecter. Where should I connect my subwoofer ? Should I connect it to the secont(2) line-out connector or to the third(3)[centerspeaker/subwoofer] connector. This JBL Pro is an old subwoofer.

a. I don’t think so, though having it’s own IRQ would no doubt be better. My Sound blaster audigy is sharing IRQ 16 with my 9700 Pro :slight_smile: Though it looks like I’m not even using some

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 RADEON 9700/9500 SERIES OK
IRQ 16 Creative SB Audigy OK
IRQ 17 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 17 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 19 SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter OK
IRQ 20 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 20 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller OK
IRQ 21 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller OK
IRQ 22 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller OK
IRQ 23 SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller OK

b. no
c. I don’t know, we’ll have to get someone that knows more about speaker setups than me.

Originally posted by liteonmania
c)My subwoofer has only an input connector and no output connecter. Where should I connect my subwoofer ? Should I connect it to the secont(2) line-out connector or to the third(3)[centerspeaker/subwoofer] connector. This JBL Pro is an old subwoofer.

The subwoofer should be connected to the third(3)[centerspeaker/subwoofer] connector.

Having a SB Live and video card IRQ is big trouble so try not to get it to share what IRQ your video card is using. I have it sharing 5 with my network card and USB ports and haven’t had any trouble. Only when it was on 11 with my video card did it play up.

I have to plug my subwoofer to the second line-out connector because I have only two speakers and a subwoofer. When I plug it to the third line out connector, my system crashes because I am using 5.1 configuration.

Originally posted by GhostBear
Having a SB Live and video card IRQ is big trouble so try not to get it to share what IRQ your video card is using. I have it sharing 5 with my network card and USB ports and haven’t had any trouble. Only when it was on 11 with my video card did it play up.

Could be a problem. On my system my SB Audigy is sharing an IRQ with my Geforce 4. No problem there!