Saying hello and asking a?

Hello all,

My name is Cliff and i’m from Bigfoot country up here in Oregon. I’ve got a quick question for anyone willing to answer it.

I’ve got a LIGHT-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P drive and it has been working fine for the past couple of months but yesterday I tried to burn a season of MST3K for a friend and no matter what I do, I can’t get the computer to recognize it?

I am anything but an IT guy but I do know a little about my system.

I’m using the latest version of ConvertXtoDVD and it converts everything perfectly but when it comes time to burn, it says my drive isn’t there???

I’ve tried DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink as well, along with Power ISO and they all say the same thing. “Please insert media to continue” I’ve tried several different blank DVD’s to no avail!

Is this a driver issue and if so why did it start all of a sudden?

Tried the latest version of DVDFABHDDecrypter ?

thanks for the reply but isn’t that just another dvd software? i’ve got like 5 of them already. i’ll check it out but every time i try to use my disc drive, whatever software i’m using will, convert it just fine but when it comes time to burn it, it just says that “we have a problem” and to “insert media to continue” even though there is a brand new dvd-r in the drive?

I don’t know this is the problem, but you can try deleting the upper and lower filters. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;314060&

Welcome Cliff :slight_smile:

Other possible culprits could be Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools, if you have them installed - in fact, any virtual drive/emulation software.

If you do have Acohol/DT installed, don’t uninstall them as there is a simple settings change that could help. :wink: