Saw III from 5-movie R1 Box Set - Read Error

vbimport

I bought the Saw movie collection…Region 1, movies 1-5. The third movie refuses to rip. I’ve been getting read errors at 10.37% on the last version of DVDFab (6.1.1.0) and now on the one released just on October 23, I’m hitting read errors at 10.03%.

I’ve searched Google. This apparently is a problem that goes back to 2007, and was supposedly fixed. Except it’s not. I’ve tried full disc and gotten the same percentages as above. I’ve tried main movie, and the last version died right near the end, this version of DVDFab dies almost immediately (by dies, I mean hits a read error). I’ve tried clone, and it immediately fails, period.

Did I mention that this is my second box set? I exchanged the first set for another at an entirely different store in town, so it’s not even likely to be a bad lot of discs. They’re clean and look mint. No scratches, nothing.

The drive and DVDFab will read other discs just fine. It’s title related.

I’d appreciate some help with this.

Maybe watch the third one on a DVD player, if the player freezes, it’s a disc problem, discs from the same batch can go to different stores so that may be why.

[QUOTE=vx2214;2456587]I bought the Saw movie collection…Region 1, movies 1-5. The third movie refuses to rip. I’ve been getting read errors at 10.37% on the last version of DVDFab (6.1.1.0) and now on the one released just on October 23, I’m hitting read errors at 10.03%.

I’ve searched Google. This apparently is a problem that goes back to 2007, and was supposedly fixed. Except it’s not. I’ve tried full disc and gotten the same percentages as above. I’ve tried main movie, and the last version died right near the end, this version of DVDFab dies almost immediately (by dies, I mean hits a read error). I’ve tried clone, and it immediately fails, period.

Did I mention that this is my second box set? I exchanged the first set for another at an entirely different store in town, so it’s not even likely to be a bad lot of discs. They’re clean and look mint. No scratches, nothing.

The drive and DVDFab will read other discs just fine. It’s title related.

I’d appreciate some help with this.[/QUOTE]

Hi vx2214

If you are having this issue on the same disc(3rd movie) in the same location on the disc it could be a bad pressing of the disc, just because you can’t see any defects doesn’t mean there are no damaged and/or bad sectors…

If you have Nero CD/DVD Speed do a scan of the disc to verify there are no damaged or bad sectors, if there is none then try disabling PathPlayer in common settings-> “PathPlayer” also you can or may want to go to “Read”(also in common settings) and tick “Ignore all read errors automatically”

[B]SJ[/B]

I can safely say, mine doesn’t work either, mines completely unreadable. It’s far too late to return it ah well, I’ll go out and get a used one.

Nero speed test:

Error!
READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION (056f03)

Pathplayer has been disabled for ages, since it was causing issues with ripping a different title (I think it was Stargate Atlantis S5’s disc that someone told me turn off Pathplayer). Maybe I’ll try to re-enable it.

If I just click “Ignore All” (not from settings, but at the time), it basically just sits there at the same percentage, infinitely. I suppose I could try it from settings…sometimes Fab is a bit flaky.

[QUOTE=vx2214;2456609]Nero speed test:

Error!
READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION (056f03)

Pathplayer has been disabled for ages, since it was causing issues with ripping a different title (I think it was Stargate Atlantis S5’s disc that someone told me turn off Pathplayer). Maybe I’ll try to re-enable it.

If I just click “Ignore All” (not from settings, but at the time), it basically just sits there at the same percentage, infinitely. I suppose I could try it from settings…sometimes Fab is a bit flaky.[/QUOTE]

Sorry forgot Nero CD Speed can’t scan it because of the protection :doh:

[B]@ syxguns[/B]

Your first post has been edited and your last post deleted

This thread as well as this forum is for Results and Discussions on DVDFab products only…

If you used any other product to do a backup of this movie or any other title then post it in it’s proper forum, posting a competitor’s product in another author’s forum is being disrespectful.

Anymore posting of a competitor’s product will be removed, thank you for understanding.

[B]SJ[/B] :cop:

Sorry StormJumper!

I did not realize that this thread was for DVDFab only. I was just offering suggestion for a backup. Please feel free to remove my post. I will pay closer attention to where this original post is located.

I will not disclose any other topics on the matter in this thread. Please forgive me for breaking an unknown forum policy.

SJ- Would you please remove post #6. I do not have access to edit the post and remove it myself.

Sorry, I’m an Admin on another forum and tend to get distracted by the topic at hand!! My bad! :frowning:

DVDFab 6.1.2.0 gave me a perfect backup of the same movie as well as the other rippers.

It could be that the firmware for your drive needs to be updated, or that the disk you are burning from has a bad press.

[QUOTE=syxguns;2456636].

Please forgive me for breaking an [B][U]unknown[/U][/B] forum policy! :([/QUOTE]

Here is something for you to read:

Read first: This Sub-forum is for Fengtao Software Only

[QUOTE=syxguns;2456636]Sorry StormJumper!

I did not realize that this thread was for DVDFab only. I was just offering suggestion for a backup. Please feel free to remove my post. I will pay closer attention to where this original post is located.

I will not disclose any other topics on the matter in this thread. Please forgive me for breaking an unknown forum policy.

[B]SJ- Would you please remove post #6. I do not have access to edit the post and remove it myself.[/B]
Sorry, I’m an Admin on another forum and tend to get distracted by the topic at hand!! My bad! :([/QUOTE]

It has been done…

[B]SJ[/B]

Turned on the automatic ignore read errors, left the default sector skip setting for that feature, and turned on Pathplayer…all at once. Ripped main movie to ISO successfully. Subsequent DVD to Mobile worked fine as well based upon that image.

This was done with the latest DVDFab.

Thanks for the help!

[QUOTE=vx2214;2456716]Turned on the automatic ignore read errors, left the default sector skip setting for that feature, and turned on Pathplayer…all at once. Ripped main movie to ISO successfully. Subsequent DVD to Mobile worked fine as well based upon that image.

This was done with the latest DVDFab.

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

:clap::clap: