Saw 5

I tried to copy2 different original SAW 5 discs and the latest version of DVDFab Platinum 5.2.2.2cannot read the disks; I have latest drivers and firmware HP DVD 940d; and Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A ATA. This original plays fine on my other dvd players and ps3.

vanmark

Vanmark,
Exactly what kind of problem are you having ?
Are you getting any error codes ?

I had no problems making a Full Disc backup of Saw V.

FAB 5232 Plat
Pathplayer always enabled
Region I

[quote=vanmark;2218299]I tried to copy2 different original SAW 5 discs and the latest version of DVDFab Platinum 5.2.2.2cannot read the disks; I have latest drivers and firmware HP DVD 940d; and Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A ATA. This original plays fine on my other dvd players and ps3.

vanmark[/quote]
Have you checked to is if you drive/burners are in DMA mode ?, DVDFab is able to do this movie :iagree:

Thanks for the quick response…

Yes I’m in DMA mode…No error code… pop up"cannot read…(retry, abort, cancel, ignor…

weird…

[quote=vanmark;2218362]Thanks for the quick response…

Yes I’m in DMA mode…No error code… pop up"cannot read…(retry, abort, cancel, ignor…

weird…[/quote]
Go into common settings [B]->[/B] PathPlayer and set it as "Always enabled"
also while in common settings go into Read and select “Ignore all read errors”

Thanks; I already had options set to PathPlayer always enabled, Ignore all read errors…

Strange thing I borrowed a known good original Saw 5 and got the same problem; however any other original disc works just finethrough the whole process.

[quote=vanmark;2218378]Thanks; I already had options set to PathPlayer always enabled, Ignore all read errors…

Strange thing I borrowed a known good original Saw 5 and got the same problem; however any other original disc works just finethrough the whole process.[/quote]
Have you tried PathPlayer disabled ?
and are you doing main movie or full disc ?

Did main movie no prob with 5.2.3.2 PP enabled R1

Have you tried reading with both of your ODDs?
If not please try the other ODD. Maybe even a friend’s?
Often when one ODD fails another will be successful.

I doubt this will help, but you can also
untick[B] Enable read-ahead cache[/B] in Common Settings > Read.

This essentially serves as the drive buffer and when enabled, it maximizes the rate of data transfer. Since you’re experiencing read errors, disabling the read-ahead cache may limit the rate at which the read errors occur and perhaps even the number of read errors.
It’s easy enough to do, so it’s probably worth a shot.

You can also try to click[I] ignore [/I]when the read error pops up, but you’ve probably already tried this.

If you’re comfortable flashing firmware, you can look to this, but frankly, it doesn’t sound at all like a firmware issue and since no other discs present problems, I wouldn’t recommend it. You may be worse off afterwards.

HP burners have horrible firmware support.
Depending in the oem, you may want to x-flash, particularly if it’s a LiteOn. This may be a reasonble step.

[QUOTE=vanmark;2218299]I tried to copy2 different original SAW 5 discs and the latest version of DVDFab Platinum 5.2.2.2cannot read the disks; I have latest drivers and firmware HP DVD 940d; and Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A ATA. This original plays fine on my other dvd players and ps3.

vanmark[/QUOTE]

try the newest dvdfab5.2.3.2

I am having the same issues too. I got another Saw 5 disk and I’m having the same issue. Tried it in both of my burners. It gets to 99.4% and stops. I tried all of the above also.