Saw 5 stops at 99.31%

Hi Gents,

Saw 5 stops at 99.31% when copying to desktop.

ALthough I have been having some issues with DVDFab too. I recently installed an LG GH22NS30 burner. This is my first SATA burner. Whenever i am copying a DVD, my computer gets super slow and will freeze up on me. I downloaded the new mobo drivers but that didnt seem to fix it. I still have me old IDE Sony DRU-190A burned installed on my pc. Should I get rid of that?

[quote=Smeeff;2214649]Hi Gents,

Saw 5 stops at 99.31% when copying to desktop.

ALthough I have been having some issues with DVDFab too. I recently installed an LG GH22NS30 burner. This is my first SATA burner. Whenever i am copying a DVD, my computer gets super slow and will freeze up on me. I downloaded the new mobo drivers but that didnt seem to fix it. I still have me old IDE Sony DRU-190A burned installed on my pc. Should I get rid of that?[/quote]
Hi Smeeff
It never hurts to have more then one or two drives/burners :smiley: I myself have 8 on hand, you will find that some drives read better then others and some burn better then the rest :wink:

As far as the computer slow down it can be related to a few things.
1…The drive may be in PIO mode for the Transfer rate, so check that first…you should have it set to DMA mode :wink:

or

2…system wide maintenance is needed
Do a Disk cleanup using the Disk Cleanup utility found at -> Accessories/System Tools on the Start/All Programs
after running that utility run a registry cleaner…(CCleaner) is free and very good then after you run the reg cleaner you will want to run the Disk Defragmentor utility also found at the same location as the Disk cleanup utility :wink:

Thanks for the info Storm. This is me being a noob tho, where do i change the transfer rate?:doh:

If you open DVDFab and click on the check mark on the title bar (upper right corner) to open common settings then on the left side click on “General” located at the bottom you’ll see a button for “Reset DMA” :wink:

Thanks, thats what i usually do. It seems lately i have to do that after each time i backup a dvd. Thanks Storm.

Hey yo Smeeff
you should not have to do that after or before every backup, if you find yourself needed to do that then there is a problem else where :frowning:
first thing that comes to mind is either the drive is going bad has far as reading is comcerned or you need to replace the IDE cable :frowning:
of course that is if you have done what I suggested in my other reply about doing a system maintenance :iagree:

If you do need to replace the IDE cable make sure you get a 80 wire IDE cable it will help the transfer of data

Thats what I was thinking. I tried everything you said and i was able to get a couple other dvd’s to backup. So i tried Saw 5 again and it stops at 99.32% and I get an error message, i select ignore all and then it just sits idle. I think i have some other SATA cables that came with the MOBO. I would hope the cable isnt bad, i just bought the DVD writer.

Try taking a clean lint free cloth and wipe the playing surface all over do it by going from the center hole to the edge like you would when cleaning the spokes of a wheel, if that doesn’t do it then
Go into common settings and on the left side click on Read and select “Ignore all read errors”