Saw 3 CRC Errors

vbimport

Just tried to backup Saw 3 and am getting CRC read errors when trying to read VTS_07_1.Vob. I read the other post but it does not apply to the CRC errors I am getting… Can’t copy to HD, used Clone DVD2, did Drag and Drop nether are working.

I was however, able to use DVD decriptor to copy to my HD, I then checked it with Shrink, got another error. So I tried to process the files through VOB Blanker and got another error that stated that: “Max VTS limit (99) has been reached”. Tried processing the files through FixVTS and was able to burn a DVD with out errors, however when playing back the DVD on my Computer or on my Home DVD… Just wont play…Starts and then jus Stops!

Thanks,

Vance

Try these suggestions as this DVD hasn’t went live to everyone yet.

I am getting a Cyclic Redundancy Check error.

Try cleaning the movie disc. If that does not work, if you are using an external DVD drive, please disconnect and reconnect the drive to your computer. Also try using an internal drive.

You can also try to copy using MOVIE ONLY. That sometimes helps with a Cyclic redundancy check error on certain movies.

It is possible the original movie you have has some bad sectors.

(Cyclic Redundancy Check) or CRC Error

This can happen on various reasons:

1. DVD media is dirty - you can try to clean it
  2. DVD media is damaged, you have to replace it
  3. Your drive is a region locked rpc2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and try to read a DVD from a different region.
    You can try to find a rpc1 patched firmware at www.rpc1.com
  4. Your drive is an rpc2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. try to assign one, or try to find a rpc1 patched firmware.

The link is there takes you too the firmware page.

To find the firmware you currently have use this:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDInfoPro

If it’s not scratched or dirty I suggest returning it and get another one due to the manufacturer bad press (burn).

In your case the DVD’s just need a good buffing as these are old titles and I had no problem backing them up.

@petersov
I dont think the programs you are using, will be able to back up this title due to much protection
There is another SAW3 thread you may read that and see if it will help

You can do movie only with elby’s clone dvd. Its a protection issue. There isn’t much extras anyway so you aren’t missing much.

It is possible make a copy using the latest version of ANYDVD and CLONEDVD. Read this too

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=417