Saving WMM projects to my hard drive

Hello, guys…I know most of you don’t recommend WMM for making your own DVD’s, but no one has ever given me advice as to a better program to use. Anyway, I have become pretty proficient at making really cool movies with importing soundtracks, narration, captions, etc. It just seems to be a crap shoot as to whether or not the finished movie will play in a DVD player or not. (I use WMM to edit the movie, then to save it to my hard drive in a format that can be burned by Nero.)

Anyway, my current problem is really frustrating…I have compiled a great home movie using WMM, and I am at the stage where I am trying to save the movie to my hard drive. I have plenty of space on my computer the movie is only an hour long; a relatively small file. I have tried 3 or 4 different options for saving the project, but it always gets hung up at 62% downloaded. I have left it running for a full day at a time, and it will never save the entire project. Can anyone advise me as to how I can get this project saved to my hard drive so I can burn it to a DVD, and then can someone advise me on a better movie-making program, and the best program to burn movies so they will play in dvd players??? Thanks.

I’m rather surprised that " [I]no one has ever given you advice as to a better program to use[/I]"…

Are these cammy recorded home movies? Did you capture the clip(s) with WMM or ??..What 3 or 4 different options have you tried saving the video to the HDD?..Give us some [I]details[/I]( AVIs, mpg), and we’ll definitely recommend something better than WMM…
As far as “[I]best program to burn movies[/I]” [B]IMO[/B], Imgburn, nuff said…

Thanks for your quick response…I’ve been sitting on this project for a week now, and it’s driving me crazy, not being able to finish it! To answer your questions…I download videos from my digital camcorder by selecting High Quality video (NTSC), then work it into a movie using WMM. Once I finish my projects, I “Save To My Computer” by using the setting: High Quality Video (NTSC). Since this froze up at 62% downloaded, I tried again with DV-AVI (NTSC). When this also froze up, I used “Best Quality for Playback on my Compyter”. this time it froze up at 58%. I have run all my virus checks and security checks on my computer, and can’t find any reason why I’m having this problem…and I an eagerly awaiting advice on a better movie-making program than WMM! Thanks again. Keith

…and are you suggesting that ImgBurn2.4 is a better program to burn dvd’s than Nero? If so, I’m all over it! I’m ready to upgrade…

Import the AVI file you captured/transferred from the cammy in something like Avidemux or other editing apps, and convert…There are other(better) choices besides WMM…
And yes, I am “[I]suggesting that ImgBurn is a better program to burn dvd’s than Nero[/I]”…That said, to each his/her own… :cool:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-editors-mpg-dvd