Saving WAVE(s) from CD & re-burning (without ticks/pops between tracks)

Hey guys,
I’ve been saving CD’s to my hard drive for editing (using RealPlayer v10), then re-burning them to CD with Nero Suite.
But I’m getting the little ticks/pops between tracks at the track splits.
I tried saving the CD’s to my hard drive with GoldWave instead of RealPlayer v10, and GoldWave reduced the loudness of the ticks/pops, but they are still there…
(I don’t have this problem with studio recorded CD’s but I’m editing live CD’s and the little noises at each split are really obvious).
Would appreciate it if anyone could please recommend a good program for saving CD’s to my hard drive that will give me clean track splits when I re-burn them to CD, without the little ticks/pops between each track split.
Thanks in advance.

I would give Audacity a go at it…The price is right and has many many plugins…

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Noise_Removal#Improved_Noise_Removal_in_1.3.3

Try to use Exact Audio Copy to rip your CDs: it’s one of the best (and free) ripping software available :slight_smile:

Yeah I agree with geno, rip with EAC and edit with audacity or Goldwave ,then burn…I mostly use BurnAware for burning wav or mp3 CD’s…

Do not burn TAO (track at once). The TAO method puts link blocks between the tracks and these often cause clicks in the audio.

RM

Thanks, will give EAC a try, I have had both GoldWave and Audacity for many years… (not quite sure how I forgot to have tried this with Audacity yet !, I’ve just been using it all week for something else ! - will give it a try also !)

[QUOTE=RichMan;2136355]Do not burn TAO (track at once). The TAO method puts link blocks between the tracks and these often cause clicks in the audio.
RM[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, but I never burn TAO :wink:
The clicks/pops are not from the burning process, they come from saving the tracks off a CD to my hard drive for editing, before re-burning to CD.