Saving "Style" for Your Account

vbimport

is there any way to save a particular “style” (cdfreaks 2.0) for a users particular settings? i.e…i wanna use cdfreaks 2.0 and cant…have to set it every time i login etc…this New Myce is just to jumbled up with no color

thanks

Hi :slight_smile:
Have you tried Control Panel > Edit Options?
You should be able to set it there.
Though there’s a lot tweaking today.
So be prepared for mixed results for now.

[B][U]Don’t forget to save any changes after[/U][/B]:

that has to be it…the tweaking…i’ve had trouble all morning logging in and out and setting the Style to 2.0…i cant use firefox at all because a drop down box covers the login or register links…i just had to add the “http://www.myce.com/login/” to my shorcuts to do it but its working it looks like so far

[QUOTE=zebadee;2457808]Hi :slight_smile:
Have you tried Control Panel > Edit Options?
You should be able to set it there.
Though there’s a lot tweaking today.
So be prepared for mixed results for now.

[B][U]Don’t forget to save any changes after[/U][/B]:[/QUOTE]

You can also select the style from the quick style chooser (drop down menu at the bottom of each of page). :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

The way it has been going in and out today, I am not sure any settings took effect till about an hour ago.

it seems to be ok now…the quick style settings only last that particular session for me…but the control panel/edit options woks so far…no issues

You should be able to select your style normally, in your Account Settings page. If you are still unable to do this, please let me know!

You have to save the cookie or it won’t remember you. And unless it remembers you, it defaults to the buggy MyCE styles. That’s slightly complicated because for some strange reason there are 9 cookies from this site! It looks like the only one required to remember you as a logged-in member is “user”@myce.com.

Yes - of course you need the cookies, else it doesn’t remember you :slight_smile:

Are you preventing cookies to be saved on your computer? Because you mentioned you only need one. There are also some settings for the caching we use, so if you delete you cookies this might cause problems. Cookies will not do you any harm, so it’s best if you accept them :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2464072]Cookies will not do you any harm, so it’s best if you accept them :)[/QUOTE] So they won’t make you fat or rot your teeth or anything? Thanks - now I’ll eat them without worrying! :smiley:

But don’t eat too much! It will make you fat :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=MP|3;2464072]Yes - of course you need the cookies, else it doesn’t remember you :slight_smile:

Are you preventing cookies to be saved on your computer? Because you mentioned you only need one. There are also some settings for the caching we use, so if you delete you cookies this might cause problems. Cookies will not do you any harm, so it’s best if you accept them :)[/QUOTE]
Yes, I monitor and control cookies carefully on my computer as part of my privacy efforts. I regularly delete all unnecessary cookies along with my browser cache, defrag, and other computer maintenance chores. I use two main softwares for that purpose, Cookies Manager and Crap Cleaner. [I]{CDFreaks has long been known to use a tracking cookie, according to various reliable anti-malware scanners, but I haven’t analyzed (yet) whether that continues with MyCE or which of your 9 cookies is/are the culprit.}[/I] I don’t know what kind of cache problems that might cause with your website but will have to live with it, because I won’t compromise my privacy.

Also, your website jumps around a lot whenever it loads anything before it settles down to a stable monitor screen, requiring several seconds. I don’t know of any other website on the internet that is as bad as yours in that regard. Walmart.com does something similar, but not quite as bad. I usually just look away or close my eyes for awhile because that’s very disturbing. I’ve also mentioned that problem here in the past, but you never fixed it either. Of course that’s a different buggy issue, separate from the more recent new bug - the buggy MyCE beta styles.

I don’t really care very much whether you fix these things because I only visit here occasionally, not on a regular basis. It’s up to you… it’s your website.