Saving a Converting AVI to VCD file with NERO!

If you convert an AVI to VCD with Nero and the CD you go to use is not big enough how do you tell Nero to store the converted file to your hard drive or split the file across 2 CD’s???:confused:

Thanks!:slight_smile:

I suspect you’ll need to premaster and storyboard it, to size it all, using an AV package. Then burn using Nero.

I’m not sure you can tell Nero to stop at 80’ while you change discs :wink:

www.doom9.org

You’ll need to use something like DVDx/Flaskmpeg to convert the avi to MPEG1/2. DVDx will even split the file for 74m/80m/Custom size output files.

If you have problems, use virtual dub to chop the mopvie in half first, then encode with flaskmpeg.

Use a tool like VCD EASY to create the iso, then use neros ‘burn image’ function t write the iso to CD.

Nero encoder is great for small clips, if you don’t mind about the quality or speed much. But useless for movies or anything else which is larger.

Originally posted by debro
Use a tool like VCD EASY to create the iso, then use neros ‘burn image’ function to write the iso to CD.

Are you running BlindWrite Suite 4.2.1 and VCDEasy side by side? If I try that VCDEasy doesn’t like the VSO driver installed by BlindWrite at all. Any solutions to that?

Originally posted by Dazzler
[B]

Are you running BlindWrite Suite 4.2.1 and VCDEasy side by side? If I try that VCDEasy doesn’t like the VSO driver installed by BlindWrite at all. Any solutions to that? [/B]

It runs fine on mine and I have both installed.

Make sure you have a WNASPI32.dll file in your Windows->system 32 folder

Don’t have a winaspi32.dll file on my system. I’m pretty sure I HAD aspi 4.60 installed, but I’ll reinstall to see if that changes anything. Running Win98SE.

winaspi32.dll
wnaspi32
…pretty sure I HAD aspi 4.60 installed…
…you can get away with everything by having just the ahead wnaspi32.dll file in %/system32/% or even just /windows/

Adaptec ASPI is only necessary for Adaptec products

Thanks to FutureProof and Jailer.

Reinstalled aspi4.60 (don’t know where that went), and all is well now. Meaning that BlindWrite Suite and VCDEasy go along now. Somebody mentioned that VCDEasy use cdrdao for burning bin/cue files, and that program is old. So maybe I’m still better off using CDRWIN 3.9b-e to burn bin/cue files created by DVD2SVCD?

@Silversurfer. For starters, if you’re planning on converting your AVI footage to VCD, DON’T use Nero’s mpeg encoder, as its not very good. Use TmpGenc instead. Although it has a 30 day time-limit on Mpeg 2 encoding, it’s unlimited & free for converting to mpeg 1 VCD compatible files. I’ve used it to convert several home captured AVI files & its great.

You may also want to find VirtualDub which can assist you in editing the file as well. Once you’ve finished converting it, then use Nero for burning it as a VCD.