Save encoded project with nero 7 ultra

vbimport

Hi,Need some help please with nero 7 ultra,no problems on encoding and putting my project to blank dvd,my question is how do you save your encoded project to hard drive rather than waste blank dvds on keeping masters to copy off.thanks.Jam.

It’s been a while since I’ve used Nero so bear with me. There should be an option right before you are ready to process your project that allows you to select your target destination. You will want to choose hard disc folder or HDD if the choice is there…I can’t remember which.

Which program within Nero are you using BTW…Recode or Vision?

There is an option just before you press the ‘burn’ button to burn the DVD to an ‘image file’. This will create an image of your DVD on the hard disk, which you can then archive, or use to burn copies to DVDs

Thanks for your great advice Locoeng and Daveu i’ll give that a try the next time i’m encoding and writing,just one more question, with the saved image on hdrive how and what part of nero do i burn a copy of that saved image?

Jammicker: Regarding your original question, after you are done burning your project and close out the program, you will be asked if you would like to save your project. If you do, say “yes” and follow the prompts.

Regarding your last question, use Nero Burning ROM and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for your reply jeff53404, i thought that was just for saving a report of what you had just encoded and wrote.Thanks for the welcome and hello.

[QUOTE=Jammicker;2091776]Thanks for your great advice Locoeng and Daveu i’ll give that a try the next time i’m encoding and writing,just one more question, with the saved image on hdrive how and what part of nero do i burn a copy of that saved image?[/QUOTE]

The image file that nero creates has a .nrg extension (it is Neros equivalent of a standard ISO file). If you just double click on the .nrg file it should start up the appropriate Nero application (Nero Burning ROM), then just press the ‘burn’ button with an appropriate DVD in the drive.

The option to save your project does just save the info needed for Nero to regenerate your work (eg edit points, menu options etc). It does not save the actual DVD image.