Sattelite M 100 DVD writer problem

vbimport

Hi,
I am using a Satellite M100 Version PSMA0L-18203E on windows xp sp3.
My DVD writer model is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N.
The problem is a am able to read and write Cd but when i insert a blank dvd,it displays"Please insert a disk into the Drive" whereas I am able to use the Toshiba’s Recovery DVD ROM without any problems.Please help me.

Hi,

Windows XP can’t handle blank DVD media. Use a DVD burning application for that purpose. ImgBurn is a highly recommended, free solution.

Michael

I have used Sonic(pre-installed in my Toshiba laptop) and NERO with both showing no disk when I insert a blank DVD but create no problems when i try to write a CD.

Okay. Please try ImgBurn and post the log.

Michael

Hi Michael,thanks for replying.Couldnot getthe build option with blank DVD.At the bottom left of the screen is a message that says
"[U]Device Not Ready(No Reference Position Found)[/U]"
Here is the log.

[B]I 16:51:23 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!
I 16:51:23 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)
I 16:51:23 Total Physical Memory: 514,092 KB - Available: 141,556 KB
I 16:51:23 Initialising SPTI…
I 16:51:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 16:51:23 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM![/B]

Not good.

Normally, you should be able to enter build mode without having a blank disc inserted. If you’re ready then insert the disc. Perhaps you try again.

Additionally, you may try other blank media, preferably quality stuff from Verbatim. If you’ve been using DVD-R, then try also DVD+R please. Also, you can try if cleaning the lens using a soft brush (like for camera lens) does help.

Michael

Michael,
when i click on Imgburn->tools->Filter driver load order,it shows upper class filter not found.Can this be the problem?

It wouldnt hurt to get more memory…512 may not be enough.