SATA2 reads as a SCSI, not working correctly! HELP!

vbimport

I currently have: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe MOBO, MSI GeForce 8600 GTS 256mb DDR2, 1 stick of 2gb G.Skill RAM, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Sound Blaster Audigy SE, Rosewill PSU of 550W using Microsoft XP Pro X64 on a Western Digital HD 320 gb HD using SATA 2 cables for both my HDD and DVD R/W drives.

Here is my problem: My device manager with all my latest drivers and BIOS show my HDD and DVD R/W drive as SCSI devices. I have gone thru one DVD R/W drive (Phillips) and got this Sony. It will not write to DVD R/W disks even though I know for sure it is a DVD R/W drive. Now before I install my latest drivers for my MOBO Chipset it does NOT say whether either of my drives are SATA2 or SCSI, however, it still wont write to my DVD R/w disks. I am afraid the mobo and the disks are not communicating properly and it will lead to the same result as my phillips drive did. I do not want to lose either.

Can someone please shed any light on this matter? Is anyone out there doing anything about this issue as i know i am not the only one? Could it be a compatibility issue with XP x64? Any info at all is extremely appreciated. Oh, and my bios is up to date with NO RAID enabled.

[QUOTE=Chaotic1283;2180147]I currently have: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe MOBO, MSI GeForce 8600 GTS 256mb DDR2, 1 stick of 2gb G.Skill RAM, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Sound Blaster Audigy SE, Rosewill PSU of 550W using Microsoft XP Pro X64 on a Western Digital HD 320 gb HD using SATA 2 cables for both my HDD and DVD R/W drives.

Here is my problem: My device manager with all my latest drivers and BIOS show my HDD and DVD R/W drive as SCSI devices. I have gone thru one DVD R/W drive (Phillips) and got this Sony. It will not write to DVD R/W disks even though I know for sure it is a DVD R/W drive. Now before I install my latest drivers for my MOBO Chipset it does NOT say whether either of my drives are SATA2 or SCSI, however, it still wont write to my DVD R/w disks. I am afraid the mobo and the disks are not communicating properly and it will lead to the same result as my phillips drive did. I do not want to lose either.

Can someone please shed any light on this matter? Is anyone out there doing anything about this issue as i know i am not the only one? Could it be a compatibility issue with XP x64? Any info at all is extremely appreciated. Oh, and my bios is up to date with NO RAID enabled.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with it!

Install a proper burning app first.