Sata

Hello All,
Can someone tell me if I can do this? It seems reasonable to me but …

I started out simply replacing my DVR 104 with a 111. It seems to have taken on a life of its own. Long story short, I now have a ASUS DRW-1814BL installed and working great. I also have a Lite-On LH-20A1L-05 LS sitting in a box. My question is; can I install them both? The Lite-On is a SATA. So can I use the ASUS as a replacement for the “read only-cd drive” drive with the IDEE cable and hook up the Lite-On with a SATA? Do I just leave the extra IDEE cable end just dangle until I get a single IDEE ? Does any of this make sense ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello,
I hope this is a stupid question. (In lieu of sending the DVR back)
Can I install a Lite-On LH-20A1L-05 LS in my computer? What I’m really asking is do all computers have a SATA connection? I have a Sony PCV-RX 670, about 4 years old.

I was looking at the specs of your PC and it looks like you do not have any SATA slots. So your harddrive is on one IDE channel as master and the optical drives are both on the second IDE cable.

Inside your PC, are there two IDE cables?
Is there possibly an un-used SATA slot?
SATA drives will not be any faster or better performing than IDE drives at this point since the SATA optical drives aren’t fast enough to utilize the SATA speeds.
So…I would suggest that you return the SATA drive and get yourself an IDE drive.