SATA & xp sp2

I recently purchased and installed a xfx nForce 680i motherboard w/ an Intel
Pentium D processor. I also purchased a Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 SATA Harddrive. The bootup process shows the drive, the drive shows up also in device manager. Evidently I do not have the necessary driver. I have checked Hitachi’s websight with no luck. How do I get this drive to work?
I will not be using it as a boot drive (storage only). — JIM

[QUOTE=Jim Riggs;2271003]I recently purchased and installed a xfx nForce 680i motherboard w/ an Intel
Pentium D processor. I also purchased a Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 SATA Harddrive. The bootup process shows the drive, the drive shows up also in device manager. Evidently I do not have the necessary driver. I have checked Hitachi’s websight with no luck. How do I get this drive to work?
I will not be using it as a boot drive (storage only). — JIM[/QUOTE]

That something I don’t hear often Hitachi doesn’t have a drive usually XP has the drivers to recognize the HDD. Can you be more precise as what your referring to when you say “I do not have the necessary driver”? How do you have the sata cable hooked up and in which sata port and also how do you have your BIOS for the sata setup? We need more detail on your setup if your going to get much help here.

Update your chipset drivers and format / partition it.
//Danne

Hi,[QUOTE=Jim Riggs;2271003]I recently purchased and installed a xfx nForce 680i motherboard w/ an Intel
Pentium D processor. I also purchased a Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 SATA Harddrive. The bootup process shows the drive, the drive shows up also in device manager. Evidently I do not have the necessary driver. (…)How do I get this drive to work?[/QUOTE]You need to create partitions and format them. For this purpose, Microsoft provides the disc management console. Please check Windows help for details (Just search for “partition”).

Michael