SATA Enclosure for Blu-ray and HD-DVD drives

Yea MegaDeth, be nice to find a drive that we can scan BD discs with for the reviews.

For sure, and it will also be fun trying to interpret what the scan means lol

But we have to start somewhere :wink:

[QUOTE=The Kipper;2024421]Yea MegaDeth, be nice to find a drive that we can scan BD discs with for the reviews.[/QUOTE]

[quote=MegaDETH;2024334]You have a LITEON DH-4O1S???

Can you scan Blu-ray discs with it using CDSpeed?? I would be VERY interested to hear more from you.

Thank you also for the enclosure news, what model did you get? This is great news and only $45-$60![/quote]

That’s the one. I don’t have CDSpeed. The enclosure has a usb and sata connection. I use the usb as I don’t have an external sata. My LG HD/BD GGC-h20L is internal and connected via sata. I got the Liteon and external for a backup hopefully use HD Dycrypter as it doesn’t recognize the LG, but HD support has disappeared. I hope firmware support comes out, updates disappeared this Feb.

The enclosure is the eSATA/USB Combo, about half way down the link page and I see it’s less $ than when I bought it.
Nero CD SPEED?
If you want a picture of the 401 sitting in the enclosure, I can try that. Is posting photos the same as on AVS?

You can get CD-Speed for free and do a Quality scan of a Blu-ray disc you have burned and post the img here.

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

[quote=The Kipper;2024634]You can get CD-Speed for free and do a Quality scan of a Blu-ray disc you have burned and post the img here.

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/[/quote]

Never used it, and don’t have any BDs that I burned. I’m doing an all test on Resident Evil 3. I wouldn’t know what else to do until I play around with it.

DVD The Godfather 2

Planet of the Apes Blu-Ray

[QUOTE=davinleeds;2024645]Never used it, and don’t have any BDs that I burned. I’m doing an all test on Resident Evil 3. I wouldn’t know what else to do until I play around with it.[/QUOTE]

To bad you don’t have a burned BD disc to do a quality scan with; that would solve the mystery.

Direct me to the mystery. I plan on a burner when the disk prices are reasonable.

Well the mystery is that this drive is rumored to quality scan BD discs. So far not one seems to have either tried or gotten it to work.

Would you be willing to put in a pressed BD movie and try both the latest CDSpeed and Nero DriveScan and see if it can start quality scanning the disc like one would do with a DVD?

If you need any other guidance just ask :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=davinleeds;2025209]Direct me to the mystery. I plan on a burner when the disk prices are reasonable.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2026300]Well the mystery is that this drive is rumored to quality scan BD discs. So far not one seems to have either tried or gotten it to work.[/QUOTE]

CDRLabs now has a review that also looks (shortly) at scanning:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=313

Very good hwp!!

Thanks!

[QUOTE=hwp;2026333]CDRLabs now has a review that also looks (shortly) at scanning:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=313[/QUOTE]

What do you meaned by pressed? A movie off the shelf? I’m willing to help where I can.

Yeah a movie off the shelf (pressed) should work. I am sure the scan will look ugly but that isn’t what were worried about yet.

[QUOTE=davinleeds;2026637]What do you meaned by pressed? A movie off the shelf? I’m willing to help where I can.[/QUOTE]

??Post 27 above are scans of a DVD and BD Movies. Let me know. I’ll look up Nero Drivescan when I get off work.

Give me a link to the software needed. Thanks

You would want to use the same CDspeed program you used above and click on the [B]“Disc Quality”[/B] tab, then over to the right hand side you will see the “start” button. Click that and it will start scanning.

Try using one of your store boughten Blu-ray movies. This drive may also be able to Disc Quality scan DVD’s, so you may want to try that later if you get time.

Thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated.

[QUOTE=davinleeds;2026926]??Post 27 above are scans of a DVD and BD Movies. Let me know. I’ll look up Nero Drivescan when I get off work.

Give me a link to the software needed. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Quality test hung at 99% , 5mb from finish.
Corpse Bride BD --Should I have done something different to prevent the hang?

Thanks davinleeds!

Yeah known problem I was reading about that it hangs at 99%.

If you get some spare time maybe a scan at 1x or 2x, but I imagine that will take some time so no rush :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to do all these scans.

I will have my drive on Thursday :wink:

Also 99% Verbatium DVD-R I guess not?? Had an additional info page but I haven’t found it.

Scan says unsupported file system.