SATA DVD-RAM burner that can read Plextor 708A discs?

Hello, all.

My last DVD burner purchase was a BENQ 1640, which as worked very well for me. Before this BENQ, I owned a Plextor 708A. I still own both of these units, which are both hooked up to my newly built machine.

I would like to replace my Plextor 708A since I have never been able to read its burns in any other unit and would like to go from IDE to SATA.

Can anyone knowledgeable offer an idea as to a non-Plextor replacement for my older Plextor 708A that would be (1) SATA-compatible, (2) capable of reading my legacy 708A-burned discs I still own, and (3)also support DVD RAM burning?

Thanks for any suggestions. Perhaps my aspirations are too great, but I thought I’d ask.

Hi,

then either the Plextor drive or the media you were using is junk. Copy the discs to other media using another drive and your Plextor as reader.

Can anyone knowledgeable offer an idea as to a non-Plextor replacement for my older Plextor 708A that would be (1) SATA-compatible, (2) capable of reading my legacy 708A-burned discs I still own, and (3)also support DVD RAM burning?
Samsung SH-S183. But it might not read the bad discs you made with your Plextor. These discs are not legacy, they are just crap.

Michael