SATA DVD drives OK?

vbimport

I use the snot out of DVD Fab and EAC.

Do these work OK with the new SATA burners, or should I stick with the old IDE stuff?

THANKS!!!

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;2106086]I use the snot out of DVD Fab and EAC.

Do these work OK with the new SATA burners, or should I stick with the old IDE stuff?

THANKS!!![/QUOTE]

I run DVDFab on my vista rig and have [B]3 sata drives[/B], no issues here

The only issue you could possibly encounter is a SATA controller that doesn’t work well with your SATA optical drive(s).

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2106096]I run DVDFab on my vista rig and have [B]3 sata drives[/B], no issues here[/QUOTE]

Cool–thanks!!!

[QUOTE=Albert;2106118]The only issue you could possibly encounter is a SATA controller that doesn’t work well with your SATA optical drive(s).[/QUOTE]

I agree with Albert not all controllers play well with SATA burners my best advice is
stay far, far, far, away from VIA controllers if you’re going to be using SATA burners
find a mobo, add on card, that is using the SIL 3112, 3114, 3512, SATA controller and
all should be good. :iagree:

See, I had a SIL 3112 PCI controller - not worth the silicon used to make it. Could write to DVDs no problem, but trying to read from them would lock my computer up. Spent 3 days fiddling with the damn thing and finally unplugged one of my hard drives, stuck the DVD writer straight to the moboard, and it worked. So I bought a Rosewill RC-215. Installing today, hopefully it works.

my newest 2 dell Pcs have SATA drives & all works well for me.

Have a look
http://www.ncircle.com/index.php?s=google_free-pci-scan&cr=1042239894&kw=pci&sub=11&gclid=CIPt_7zquJYCFQ0xawodziDALg

[QUOTE=Zeusalmighty;2144505]See, I had a SIL 3112 PCI controller - not worth the silicon used to make it. Could write to DVDs no problem, but trying to read from them would lock my computer up. Spent 3 days fiddling with the damn thing and finally unplugged one of my hard drives, stuck the DVD writer straight to the moboard, and it worked. So I bought a Rosewill RC-215. Installing today, hopefully it works.[/QUOTE]
The Rosewill should be a good choice. I installed an RC-212 a while back and it works great. My custom rig is almost 4 years old now and the Asus P5 series board only had 4 sata ports…not enough these days.
Newegg came through for under $20 and threw in free shipping.
Gotta love the egg…:cool: