Sata Blu Ray Writer

vbimport

Hey guys im replacing my ide drive because my new board doesnt have a ide connection so im going to replace the dvd writer with a blu ray drive. Trying to find “the best drive” and through my research found many of the top driver from before are still top, much hasnt changed. Ive looked over many reviews and i think i have narrowed this down to two different drives:

BDR-207DBKS
This is the drive i wanted to go with but i cannot find out what the “s” stands for on the drive, another memeber stated d for degraded and bk for black, not sure what s means. Pioneer just lists bdr-207 on their website

Since that worried me i looked around more and found many recommendations for IHBS112-04

There is of course the asus, but im not sure what the mfg date is so im unsure if i can flash to liteon so i would rather go with one of the other.

[QUOTE=Circaflex;2640253]Hey guys im replacing my ide drive because my new board doesnt have a ide connection so im going to replace the dvd writer with a blu ray drive. Trying to find “the best drive” and through my research found many of the top driver from before are still top, much hasnt changed. Ive looked over many reviews and i think i have narrowed this down to two different drives:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129067
BDR-207DBKS
This is the drive i wanted to go with but i cannot find out what the “s” stands for on the drive, [B]another memeber stated d for degraded and bk for black, not sure what s means. Pioneer just lists bdr-207 on their website
[/B]
Since that worried me i looked around more and found many recommendations for IHBS112-04

There is of course the asus, but im not sure what the mfg date is so im unsure if i can flash to liteon so i would rather go with one of the other.[/QUOTE]

Right, I said that.
And its true.
there are many BD-R207 variations, see the BD-R207 thread for explanations!!!

so it seems S means software, would you recommend the pioneer over the liteon? or should i get the BDR-2207B5PK

[QUOTE=Circaflex;2640416]so it seems S means software, would you recommend the pioneer over the liteon? [B]or should i get the BDR-2207B5PK[/B][/QUOTE]

…which is the same drive?!

The S is something important to ZERO, what counts is the correct drive name/number which leads to more or less drive features, especially if you want to have BD-XL support.

Of course the Pio is the better one. :bigsmile:

so its the same pioneer drive but with xl support. i will do more research to see what benefits bdxl has

Get the Pioneer, and use the code EMCNDHA39 to get 15% between now and tomorrow night (thanks to Coconut).

I’ve owned at least 6 Lite-On DVD burners and 6 Pioneer DVD burners, own a Lite-On BD combo (iHES208) and a Pioneer BD-RE (205), and in my experience, Pioneer drives have burns with beter scans, are more durable, last longer, and arrive DOA less often than Lite-On drives.

[QUOTE=Circaflex;2640674][B]so its the same pioneer drive but with xl support[/B]. i will do more research to see what benefits bdxl has[/QUOTE]

Not really, XL requires other electronics so the drive is [I]not the same[/I].