Sapphire Radeon 2400 HD PRO issue

I’ve just established a fresh install so I was just checking temperatures in speedfan and one bus is app 80-90° C and I assume it’s my graphics card. Is this normal? It has passive heatsink on it, nothing else. Should I like put a 120mm fan underneath it?

Have you actually touched the heatsink?
//Danne

I did touch it several times. It was very hot but just yesterday I could hold my hand on it for about 2-3 seconds before I felt it’s kinda hot. I don’t know which value is shown in my speedfan as hot (at this time - 89 degrees C). I am wondering why this “Temp3” already reaches 89 deg when computer is cold and just about turned on. Right away the temp is way high.

I also checked the temperatures in BIOS but there are only two: CPU and chipset.

I also checked the temperatures in BIOS but there are only two: CPU and chipset.

89c would burn you instantly (remember water boils @ 100c), so its probably just a bad reading from speed fan. I think ATI tray tools will give you the temp, but it might not be updated yet for the new HD cards

Seriously I don’t know how to reply on that… Partly I agree. But I also had P4 Prescott in last three years which was 90°C (no OC) but still working flawlessly and I know that temps went down with new cooling solutions.

I really hope it’s a reading error. That would be a relief. :wink:

I agree this is probably a not-applicable reading in Speedfan, but some HD2400/2600 have gone out with bad firmware: http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20070801PD209.html

Yep…update the firmware and check it again!

How do I do that?