Sanyo drw 1000

vbimport

I have a sanyo 1000 dvd recorder it was working fine until my wife place a cd-r disc that was used to copy a movie in vcd format.
Now the recorder do not reconize any other dvd. i am lost please help.

I HAVE A,SANYO DRW 1000,AND CAN’T SEEM TO RECORED FROM A VHS. ONTO A DVD I HAVE ‘‘FUJFILM 4.7gb/120 MIN. BLANK DVD-R’’,’‘TDK 4.7gb/120 MIN.DVD-R’’ THAT I HAVE TRYED,IT READS AT FIRST THEN POPS OUT AND IT SAYS, UNKNOWN DISK TRY AGIN… I’M NOT TO WELL EDUCATED AS I JUST GOT THIS COMBO SETUP.CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!!

I HAVE A SANYO DRW 1000,AND CAN’T SEEM TO RECORED FROM A VHS ONTO A DVD…’‘FUJFILM 4.7gb/120 min.BLANK DVD-R’’,’‘TDK 4.7gb/120 MIN. DVD-R’’,THAT I HAVE TRYED…IT READS AT FIRST THEN POPS OUT AND IT SAY UNKNOWN DISK TRY AGAIN…I’M NOT TOO WELL EDUCATED IN COPYING MY VHS COLLECTION,AS I JUST GOT THIS COMBO SETUP…CAN SOMONE PLEASE HELP…

KEN :rolleyes:

I had the same problem. I was trying to copy on DVD+R when I had to use DVD-R. That got mine to work but it only copies about half the capacity? 2.3 GB Then I have error that the disk is bad??? I’ve tried it with 2 disks with the same result, anyone have any ideas? Its a Sanyo DRW-1000. I’m using Maxell DVD-R recording in SP mode (2 Hours) from VHS home videos… TY Mark

Me too, same problem. Have had to player a little over 1.5 years. Spent $450 at WMT. Have been very pleased with DVD recorder and dubbing feature until the last disc I was trying to copy PVR/DVR shows DVD and it threw and

I’ve tried 3 brand new DVD movies and two different brands of blank DVDs. I found it odd that I couldn’t find the model on Sanyo’s website.

I have been reading about this DVD Recorder, much was not very positive. A suprise for me as Sanyo had a good rep for good quality at a low price, and this recorder costs much more than I would have guessed.

One user paid $85 just to send it back for a repair the took more than 2 months. This is absurd :a and Sanyo should be fixing the units for free as there may be a major problem with this recorder.

Like with any recorder some people report NO problems at all, but at $450 I would expect NO problems.

Even Liteon was better with repair than Sanyo. :rolleyes: