Santa clause 3

is there a fix coming for the santa clause 3 problem. The problem how it’s always going back to the menu.

Had no problem with this movie (region 1) FAB copied it just fine, need more info on all the problems you are having

when i try to copy in customize mode, it starts and goes to main menu, but when you click on play, or scene selections it always reverts back to main menu. unable to play movie, cause no matter what you do, it goes back to main menu.

I’m not having any issues either, R1, done in customize mode.
Are you able to play the movie ok from the hdd?
I understand that you used customize mode and you obviously preserved the menu, but to what end?..did you bkup the entire disc?.. just WS version?.. FS?.. both?.. preserve all the extra features?..etc.

As Jimbo said, we need some details in order to help you.
Your configuration settings for the rip and a burn log would be most helpful.

The default location for your burn log is:
C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

preserved menus, ws and all the ws extras

also, the same problem playing from hd

warning stupid question ahead.:bigsmile:

unable to play movie, cause no matter what you do, it goes back to main menu.

are you sure you selected the correct titles in custom? when you play the movie from the menu are you sure you are selecting wide screen?

do you have version 4020beta installed?

troy

yes, everything was ws. everything that hat 16:9 I checked.

[QUOTE=mudman0572;1954375]yes, everything was ws. everything that hat 16:9 I checked.[/QUOTE]
Just tried to reproduce your problem.

Platinum v.4.0.2.0, R1, customize,
Enabled [B]Preserve menus[/B]
Did [B]Not [/B]check [B]Jump to first menu when disc inserted[/B]
Did [B]Not[/B] check[B] Remove annoying PGCs[/B]
Checked [B]all WS titles[/B]

Playback from hdd with VLC, on playback given option to choose FS or WS
Chose WS…no problem.
Playback was ok

Tried it again, same as above only this time:

Checked [B]Jump to first menu when disc inserted[/B]…and
Checked [B]Remove annoying PGCs[/B]

Again, playback was ok

btw, as you probaly know, PathPlayer has to be enabled for these options to work.
I have [B]Always enable Path Player [/B]ticked on

Ok, I think I figured out his problem because it’s the same as mine with Santa Claus 3 and Live Free or Die Hard. We are only selecting the WS editon of Santa and I’m only selecting the Unrated version of Die Hard. The issue is, these discs have two versions of the movie. If we choose the output as DVD5, the wrong menu is getting choosen so when you click “Play” it’s trying to play the version that you didn’t select. This is easy to tell in Die Hard because if you select to backup the Unrated version, the special features should include the link to play the Theatrical version, instead the link is for playing the Unrated version, which means DVDFab put the menu for the Theatrical version on the disc, but the movie you backed up was the Unrated. If you choose DVD9, for some reason the correct menu is getting chosen. But, we don’t want to pick DVD9 just to make it work.

I hope all of that made sense. I guess I need to submit the info to the devs, because there is something going on.

[QUOTE=OutlawPro;1954475]Ok, I think I figured out his problem because it’s the same as mine with Santa Claus 3 and Live Free or Die Hard. We are only selecting the WS editon of Santa and I’m only selecting the Unrated version of Die Hard. The issue is, these discs have two versions of the movie. If we choose the output as DVD5, the wrong menu is getting choosen so when you click “Play” it’s trying to play the version that you didn’t select. This is easy to tell in Die Hard because if you select to backup the Unrated version, the special features should include the link to play the Theatrical version, instead the link is for playing the Unrated version, which means DVDFab put the menu for the Theatrical version on the disc, but the movie you backed up was the Unrated. If you choose DVD9, for some reason the correct menu is getting chosen. But, we don’t want to pick DVD9 just to make it work.

I hope all of that made sense. I guess I need to submit the info to the devs, because there is something going on.[/QUOTE]

Right. that would be anyone’s first guess…
However, mudman maintains he selected all the WS titles.
He checked this again after Troy’s post #7
“warning stupid question ahead. :bigsmile:

I ripped this movie with exactly the same settings as mudman and yet my rips play great.

Is everyone talking R1 here?
Without more info, I am at a loss to explain this.

Thanks for your help with this.

I backed up Die Hard 3 and didn’t have any issue’s at all. It was in full disk mode. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten Santa yet. But I have to tell ya, Die Hard is one awesome and kick @#$ movie .Well worth the trouble ! ~ Mike

It’s not full disc mode that we are having the trouble with. Full disc mode will copy both the rated and the unrated versions. We are having problems with “Customize” mode where we are only selecting the Unrated version of Die Hard and only the WS version of Santa.

I agree, Die Hard was pretty action packed. I enjoyed the movie. There was one scene that I did think was far too over the top and unbelievable though. The scene with the jet. The other stuff is impossible but I was able to suspend believe and enjoy them. Had problems not being able to suspend believe on the jet scene.

myabe my problem was using 4.0.1.6 beta for santa clause. I finally got tired of trying to figure it out, and just burned it to dl. thanks for everyones feedback.

I tried both 4.0.1.6 and 4.0.2.0 and both have the issue. I did the same as you and just burned Die Hard to a DL. However, that doesn’t change that there is something broken and I’d like to see it fixed if possible.

[QUOTE=mudman0572;1954588]myabe my problem was using 4.0.1.6 beta for santa clause. I finally got tired of trying to figure it out, and just burned it to dl. thanks for everyones feedback.[/QUOTE]

Possibly…since I attempted to reproduce your problem with exactly the settings that you posted so far as you went.
Unfortunately, you didn’t post the version you were using (Troy asked you back on post#7)…so the presumption was that you were using the most recent version, 4.0.2.0.

I’d give it another shot with 4.0.2.0.
It worked just fine for me twice now,
v. 4.0.2.0, R1, customize, WS movie and WS titles only, menu preserved,
all to an SL target.

[QUOTE=OutlawPro;1954704]I tried both 4.0.1.6 and 4.0.2.0 and both have the issue. I did the same as you and just burned Die Hard to a DL. However, that doesn’t change that there is something broken and I’d like to see it fixed if possible.[/QUOTE]
As I said in posts #9, 10, 12 and now 17, nothing is broken for me and I suspect, for most users. You and mudman are the only two users I’ve seen with this issue and this movie.

There have been a couple recent releases that have given folks issues when trying to bkup. The issues seemingly are pretty random, maybe poorly mastered? Maybe this is another one?

[QUOTE=maineman;1954810]As I said in posts #9, 10, 12 and now 17, nothing is broken for me and I suspect, for most users. You and mudman are the only two users I’ve seen with this issue and this movie.[/QUOTE]

The thing too is, it’s broken on two totally different systems with totally different drives. One running Vista and one running XP. If you have the movie Live Free or Die Hard, try this:

1. Set Pathplayer to “Always Enable Pathplayer” or “Disable Pathplayer” because it doesn’t matter either way.
  2. Select “Customize” mode
  3. Select Title 2 (playtime should be 2:08:25) (this is the Unrated version)
  4. In Audio Select “English AC-3/5.1” & “English AC-3/2”
  5. Select “Preserve menus”

Playing from HDD or Disc, you should get the first menu with the only options of “Theatrical” and “Unrated”, select “Unrated”. The next menu should come up, click “Play”. You should see the FBI warning, then it returns you to the menu.

Is anyone having problems with burning just the main movie without menus?