SanDisk 2GB any good?

vbimport

Looking at prices(SD 2GB 29.00 Frys) on high speed sd 2GB for camera and vidio camera will they work or should I stick with 1GB?

A question about your title: Did you mean SanDisk (the manufacturer). You wrote Scan Disk?

You need to check the owner’s manual for your camera. Some devices that use CF, SD, etc. have restrictions on what they can use. If it’s not in the manual, e-mail the manufacturer.

i’m sure i’ve also read that your better not going above 2GB for SD cards, not sure if that still holds up.

sandisk are a very good brand :iagree:

2 mb or 2 GB ?, theres not a lot of room on the 2 mb card :wink:

joking :flower:

LOL! If it’s a 1MB or 2MB card I hope he’s using a half a mega pixel camera and using extra compression :smiley:

Obviously he means SanDisc 1Gb and 2Gb.

As to going over 2Gb, you have to check with your specific camera if it supports it - Older cameras will not likely - again check the manual of your camera or your reader. My reader has no problem reading 8Gb cards :slight_smile: BUT I would not dare use it in my canon powershot…:smiley:

I just bough the Sandisc 2 GB card for my son, it was only 39.99USD at Staples and worth every dime.:clap:

• Corrected thread title and first post * *

As others said, check your spelling. (I assume that you mean an SD SanDisk 2GB card.) The high-speed SanDisk Ultra II 2GB card’s $29.00 price is an in-store price only (in the Fry’s stores in Texas); online (at FRYS.com), it is still listed at $79.99.

In addition, how old is your camera? (Most older compact digital cameras accept CF cards, not SD cards.)

Furthermore, even if you have a camera which accepts SD cards, some early SD-compatible devices limit you to 256MB or 512MB maximum - which means that you cannot use 1GB or 2GB SD cards with such a device.

Just a quick note, Sandisk ultra II 2g SD cards go on sale tomorrow at Staples for $39.98, a very good price. I am going to pick one up for my Nikon D80. Reports are that they are very good.

That 60x write-speed card will do unless you’re going to shoot rapid sequential shots with that camera at maximum resolution with .RAW files (in which case you may need a 133x card).

Why would 2GB be slower? I find it weird as long as the cards are speced the same.

2 GB is about the limit most cameras can deal with. I understand that Card speed has make no difference on how fast your camera can record an image.
2GB on my cameras means my batteries will run down long before the card is filled.

Cannon power shots 8 megapixel and up should be able to support atleast 4Gb cards. A650, A580 and A720 Tested well with a 4Gb SDHC but it won’t get advantage over Class 4 ultra II

[QUOTE=Matthew12222;2162497]Cannon power shots 8 megapixel and up should be able to support atleast 4Gb cards. A650, A580 and A720 Tested well with a 4Gb SDHC but it won’t get advantage over Class 4 ultra II[/QUOTE]

And some of the 7 megapixel Canon compacts can accept SDHC cards. (My Canon SD750 is one example of a 7MP camera that’s already SDHC compatible out of the box.) Speed is another story: Most compacts simply cannot shoot fast enough (in continuous burst shooting mode) to take full advantage of even a medium-speed card (my SD750, for instance, barely takes advantage of Class 4 speeds - and only the very slowest of the Class 2 cards make the SD750’s buffer fill up more quickly than other cards, and even with the buffer completely full, the SD750 could still shoot continuously at about 1 fps).

The SanDisk Ultra II cards have become faster within the past year: The new ones are now rated at 15 MB/s (100x) speed for both reads and writes. They have replaced the 10 MB/s (66x) read/9 MB/s (60x) write cards with the same name. The new cards are, predictably, nearly as fast in both benchmarks and in real-world use as the then-133x (20 MB/s) Extreme III cards, forcing the Extreme III line to increase its speed to 30 MB/s (200x) in its SD/SDHC versions.