Sandisk 1gb SD card showing as unreadable

vbimport

I copied some files to the card - no problem, but the next time I inserted it my Sandisk reader, it showed as unreadable. Looking around the web, I found the Panasonic formatter, which recognised the card but shows it as ‘Write protected’ even though lock switch is firmly in unlocked position.

Is there an app or process to get past all this crap and format or revive the card?

thanks

I copied some files to the card - no problem, but the next time I inserted it my Sandisk reader, it showed as unreadable. Looking around the web, I found the Panasonic formatter, which recognised the card but shows it as ‘Write protected’ even though lock switch is firmly in unlocked position.

Is there an app or process to get past all this crap and format or revive the card?

thanks

Take a look here to see if you find something

[I]gkr[/I], please do not crosspost, it’s against the forum rules. :cop:

Thanks, :slight_smile:

ET

thanks … running it now
SD card size showing as 2048 gb’s - not bad for a 1gb card!

Its doing a sector read, so I’ll wait and let you know

cheers

The F-Recovery showed the card with 2048gb which would effectively take 130+ days just to read the sectors - so I’ll try something else.

thanks anyway

cheers

Have you tryied to use the card on a different computer? Maybe it’s a driver problem :frowning:

Yes … I’ve tried it on Win 2000 SP4 and Win XP - shows drive as unreadable.

The drive was readable and just corrupted. There must be an app or a code sequence to re-initialise these cards or something.

thanks for your interest!

reformat it, ok you’ll loose your data, but it may cure your problem

Thanks … I’ll try to get past the unreadable and then reformat it.
cheers