San Diego/Denver fiasco

vbimport

anyone else think the Chargers got totally crapped on by the officials?

one equipment failure and one flat out horrible call combined with the replay whistle rule (which I never have understood, I thought the whole point of IR was to rectify bad calls). the first foul up got Denver a quick 7 points and the second gave them 8 points and the game…final score 39-38

The ref. Ed Hochuli, later admitted he made a bad call!:Z

I am not a fan of either team but did watch the game.

They were screwed BIG TIME!

Definitely a couple of bad breaks.

I think Shanahan gave the Chargers a chance by going for the 2 points though.

This shows one of two things someone was paid off and or the NFL has there own reasons for who wins. A call bad is one thing but two calls bad and in both case instant replay did not change the call even though it should have. That is the reason I do not watch the NFL,NBA or baseball anymore unless one of my kids is watching. I watch golf if I watch anything. I did sent the NFL a email about the calls since I was watching the game with my son-in-law

[QUOTE=Bob;2126977]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbroncoschargersfumble&prov=st&type=lgns[/QUOTE]

good find! I really hope they actually go through with it and change the rule

Ed Hochuli the ref who made the bad call is an attorney so now you can understand how he could get it wrong.

He also was a ref in Super Bowls XXXII denver won against Packers

GUY’S
Saw the game and I am sorry to say nothing will
change. It’s called greasing the palm[ visit your freindly
neiborhood mobster]
ZAP.:rolleyes::frowning:

your right your right your right your right

[QUOTE=jwill427;2126865]anyone else think the Chargers got totally crapped on by the officials?

one equipment failure and one flat out horrible call combined with the replay whistle rule (which I never have understood, I thought the whole point of IR was to rectify bad calls). the first foul up got Denver a quick 7 points and the second gave them 8 points and the game…final score 39-38

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20080914007[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of that “bonehead” call from the ref in Rat Race (Cuba Gooding Jr.)

JESSTARECE
Yeah! I remember that movie very funny. [especiallly the part where
JOHN LOVITZ gives his family sleeping pills in their drinks in order to
go after the money]
zap:iagree::iagree:

More > http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ed-Hochuli-is-very-frowny-after-the-disaster-in-?urn=nfl,108018

Glad it wasn’t Larry Nimmers. I see him at my neighbors at times.

If this had been the only problem with the game then just maybe I would say it was just one of those things but there were two touchdowns made by denver that had the instant replay be used correctly then they would have lost.

I wonder if the refs bank accounts grew or if they might have been secret denver fans. :eek:

I’m a big Chargers fan and am of the opinion they got railed with that call. Just my slightly biased opinion though. It’s one thing to make a bad call, it’s another to make a bad call and cost a team the game.