Samsung: We’ll repair S7 Edge problem with vertical pink line on display under warranty – if your screen is OK

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Samsung: We’ll repair S7 Edge problem with vertical pink line on display under warranty – if your screen is OK[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2017/01/myce-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-pink-line-display-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Samsung will repair, under warranty, displays that suffer from yesterday’s reported vertical pink line on Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones, according to a spokeswoman of the electronics giant. In order to be eligible for a repair under warranty, the phone shouldn’t have any visible fall damage.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-well-repair-s7-edge-problem-vertical-pink-line-display-warranty-screen-ok-81320/](http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-well-repair-s7-edge-problem-vertical-pink-line-display-warranty-screen-ok-81320/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“If the phone never felt”

i don’t think a phone has any feelings :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see why Samsung thinks stating the exact opposite of what their users are saying will help them in any way. It’s not like the people who hear these claims are too stupid to verify them. So why does Samsung insist on shooting themselves in the foot? This makes me nervous about my on Galaxy S6. Then again, my battery hasn’t exploded yet, so at least we’re good in that department.

Samsung phones are junk. Their other products however are some of the best I have ever owned. Its all in the QC of the department that made the product I guess.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2787593][B]Samsung phones are junk[/B]. Their other products however are some of the best I have ever owned. Its all in the QC of the department that made the product I guess.[/QUOTE]I guess that must be why they are the most popular phones, and the S7 Edge voted the best phone of 2016. :stuck_out_tongue:
They have certainly had some bad press lately for their phones, that however doesn’t make them junk.

Let’s wait and see if they step up to the mark with their latest blunder, the S7 Edge screen problem. Let’s wait and see how they handle it now that the cat is out of the bag.

[QUOTE=Dee;2787598]I guess that must be why they are the most popular phones, and the S7 Edge voted the best phone of 2016. :stuck_out_tongue:

They have certainly had some bad press lately for their phones, that however doesn’t make them junk.

Let’s wait and see if they step up to the mark with their latest blunder, the S7 Edge screen problem. Let’s wait and see how they handle it now that the cat is out of the bag.[/QUOTE]

Well maybe you are right maybe they just had some bad luck lately and yes maybe they will fix it and be on top again I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Google Pixel is probably the phone to beat ATM.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2787637]The Google Pixel is probably the phone to beat ATM.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
Not for everyone.

• No SD card.
  • No removable / user-replaceable battery.
  • No sales or after-sales support in South Africa.

Those are three of my primary requirements for a phone.

Unfortunately, the replaceable battery is becoming ever scarcer to get in newer models from most suppliers.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Love, so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=dennis.se.foon;2787644]Not for everyone.

• No SD card.
  • No removable / user-replaceable battery.
  • No sales or after-sales support in South Africa.

Those are three of my primary requirements for a phone.

Unfortunately, the replaceable battery is becoming ever scarcer to get in newer models from most suppliers.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You’re perfectly right as everyone has different priorities. :iagree:

What I should have said is that for the majority of people the Google Pixel is the one to beat.

[B]Wombler[/B]

aaaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Exact same fault as before, pink line down the right hand side of the screen (screen failed).
I handed it into CPW today for repair as its still under warranty.
When I get it back, I’m going to sell it and get something else, as it seems the Samsung S8 is suffering from the same problem,

I somehow missed this thread before.

LOL @alan1476 I’ve owned and love my Galaxy S3, S5, and S7. I’m still using my Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition. Is Samsung perfect? Absolutely not. But they definitely have taken up the reigns of innovation when Apple dropped them. Now, I went with the S7 rather than S7 Edge due to the size and, frankly, I foresaw having issues with the screen and a screen protector for it.

It’s good to see Samsung dealing with the pink line issue and it is clearly an issue with the screen and possibly other related issues due to design and production but I’ve also seen people still have a problem getting it resolved with certain cell phone providers finding a way to say that the fix isn’t covered because “moisture” was detected or they saw enough “damage” to indicate a drop caused the problem, etc. Basically, doing anything they can to find an excuse to screw over the S7 Edge owner. It’s not Samsung doing this. It’s the provider.

The move toward the overly curved screen is one that has saddened me. Sure, it has some useful uses but for the most part I think it’s a waste that only makes it more complex to produce the screen, more prone to issues, and more easily damaged.

Hopefully Samsung resolves the production and design issues before the S9 is out. Since I own the S7 I won’t be in the market for a new phone until the S9. I refuse to upgrade yearly and I still get a reduced-cost upgrade every 2 years. $200 for a brand new $600+ phone that I own outright? Yes, please. I will admit, however, that when it comes time for my next phone upgrade I will be looking at whichever version of the Pixel is out. The first release didn’t interest me, personally, but I know a number of people with the Pixel and future versions might fit my requirements.

I have had Iphones for the last 8 years and never had any issue, maybe I am lucky, but I am waiting on the 256gb iPhoneX, I don’t pay for service or the phone, it was part of my retirement package, I get service and phones free as long as my old company is in business.

Personally, I am not a fan of Apple but that being said I do understand that some people do love Apple products and even to some extent why. One of my best friends owns everything Apple and I endlessly pick on him about it. He’s owns it but he’s not a techie. It’s all in good fun. :slight_smile:

I’ve never had an issue with one of my phones or tablets that was actually the fault of Samsung. But, design issues and bad manufacturing has happened. The same has happened with Apple including exploding phones and issues with screens. Samsung, however, will just forever be remembered for the Note 7 disaster.

Btw, cell phone and service as part of a retirement package? That one I haven’t seen before. Nice perk!

Now I’ve had a chance to calm down a bit, I can probably be a bit more objective.
I have an iPAD which is pretty good. It’s a few years old now, but I still find its big screen is excellent for web browsing.

The iPhone X is a lovely looking phone, but come on Apple, its not worth £1000.

I’ve been looking at some phones. The LG V30 is nice, but its to big. The Google Pixel 2 looks old fashioned, and the Pixel 2 XL is based on the LG V30, and is again to big.

The Samsung S8 is gorgeous, awesome features, but with screen problems still unresolved, its a no go.

The Nokia 9 looks like a Samsung S8, and could use Samsung screen?

I’ll wait until I get my S7 Edge back, if its been repaired properly I’ll hold on it and wait and see what the Samsung S9 looks like. Wanna bet they do away with the curved screen. :slight_smile:

After 40years, its better than a watch LOL.

[quote=“Dee, post:17, topic:314659, full:true”]I’ll wait until I get my S7 Edge back, if its been repaired properly I’ll hold on it and wait and see what the Samsung S9 looks like. Wanna bet they do away with the curved screen. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Here’s hoping!

And, please, please, don’t make the thing so big I can’t fit in in my pocket! Anything beyond 5.4-5.5 inches should no longer be called a cellphone. Frankly, I’m more than happy with the 5.1" size of the S7. By the the time the S9 rolls around… ugh. It could be ridiculous.

Indeed!

… but what if it was an iWatch? :wink:

I have the first iwatch, my son bought it for me for a birthday, its okay but not something I needed, my phone is with my at all times.

I’d prefer a Rolex to an iWatch. :wink: Nonetheless…

@Dee Let us know how it all works out. :slight_smile: