Samsung -v- Apple decision creates opportunity for Nokia & Microsoft and aggravates Google

I just posted the article Samsung -v- Apple decision creates opportunity for Nokia & Microsoft but stirs Google.

Samsung’s bad luck has potentially created market altering circumstances in favour of Nokia and Microsoft also giving Google cause for grave concern.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-v-apple-decision-creates-opportunity-for-nokia-microsoft-and-aggravates-google-63456/](http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-v-apple-decision-creates-opportunity-for-nokia-microsoft-and-aggravates-google-63456/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

…instructing Samsung to pay Apple a phenomenal $1.05 billion.

To put that into perspective it’s roughly equivalent to the entire gross domestic product (GDP) of South Korea, where Samsung is based.
You’re waaaaaay off here; the GDP of South Korea is 1500 times higher than that, estimated at $1.556 trillion in 2011.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2652169]You’re waaaaaay off here; the GDP of South Korea is 1500 times higher than that, estimated at $1.556 trillion in 2011.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Drage, it’s fixed now. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

That judgement is just a drop in the bucket to Samsung also, they have 10 times more than that in cash reserve. They are a very big company.

Samsung will appeal. As they should.

alan1476 - That judgement is just a drop in the bucket to Samsung

Yup.

Samsung, which isn’t traded in the U.S. stock market, dropped 7.5% in Korean trading . Which equates to 12 billion in market value.

:cool::cool:

the thing with all these Apple lawsuits is it won’t sell many more iphones or ipads by winning.

The cat is out of the bag
The bucket is leaking
The dam is breached

and all that

I just bought a 64GB BlackBerry PlayBook at Best Buy for $269 + tax. I’m very happy with it. The 64GB 3rd Gen iPad is a whopping $700 + tax. I would sell my grandmother’s eyeballs for crack money before I’d buy some overpriced, pretentious iJunk.

I hope motorola wins their lawsuit…
Since Apple can make money in suing, we should all boycott all their products.
They are over-priced anyway.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2652633]I hope motorola wins their lawsuit…
Since Apple can make money in suing, we should all boycott all their products.
They are over-priced anyway.[/QUOTE]

All those lawsuits are normal with big companies and comes with the territory and is expected especially after a purchase of company where the ownership of patents changes hands, as for the boycott wouldn’t it be something if consumers took that action on Windows 8 :bigsmile: