Samsung TY Media and bad burn

I just got a LiteOn 832S and a spindle of 50 Samsung Taiyo Yuden DVD+R discs from newegg.com. I burned my first disc of DVD video and my kprobe scan was perfect until the end. The end of the disc is just unreadable. I burned a RitekG04 DVD-R and my kprobe scan was decent and the disc is totally readable.

What could explain a burn like this? I’m using official LiteOn VS08 firmware. I burned the disc with DVD Decrypter at 4x, was that a mistake? The Ritek disc was burned with Nero. I want to have an idea of what to do different before I waste a bunch of discs.

you shouldnt be getting those results. make sure your running in dma mode on your device…

It’s running in DMA mode. I burned the same ISO image in Nero 6.3.1.17 this time.

The scan looked much better. There is still a short spike but it’s not that high.

Actually, I had the same experience with some of my Samsung TYs. Disc defect, I believe.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=93491

There’s a photo in the thread showing the defect.

i doubt its decryptor i use it all the time…youll find different burning software generally has little to do with burn quality and more to do with the firmware write strategies or physical defects on the media.

and ive had the same kind of defect on some Prodisc R03 media…dye was missing from outer area in spots causing a simular burn. :Z

hehe i can see your face in that pic…better edit it before the authorities come!

Didn’t know my fingers counted as my face. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

wonders how many other people have encountered this problem with the Samsung TYs

i can see you have glasses on look close man…the NSA will be there shortly! :wink:

I had one just yesterday that had one of those “spots” on it after the burn. Only one I’ve seen in about 25 of them.

I’m not sure what happened with that first burn. Here’s my latest burn.

Samsung 4x Taiyo Yuden from Newegg.
Burned at 4x in Nero with 832S and VS0A Omnipatched firmware. :bow: