Samsung TSSTCORP CDDVDRW TS-L633A help needed

vbimport

i just bought a new laptop which is less than a months old. however, i have the burner is now giving me problems.

it worked for a while, using various different software and media discs.

but, i started installing different software including poweriso, and the software to mount stuff.

now whenever, i burn something it always has errors, example if i burn the recovery dvd’s halfway through i get messages cannot read disc. also, when i burn different video files they play keep freezing and playing on the dvd player.

what could possibly be causing this?, im sure the burner would have not gone of fault as it is like a month old.

i also, tried upgrading the firm on the drive to sc05, which didnt make a difference.

im willing to reboot the laptop, if it could be a software interfering with the burning process. but i have lots of files on my laptop which would take a while to backup.

any help or suggestions are much apreciated.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What brand of discs are you using, and what burn speed are you choosing? The freezing problem sounds like a media or burn speed problem.

thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

i use verbatim or ritek both give same problem, also used tdk.

i burn at a minimum speed, like 2.4 or 2x or sometimes 4x

i have noticed, when i put my laptop to burn on 2x or 2.4 it always reached speeds such as 5x or 7x,

it always burns faster than what i put it too.

lwhilist burning they burn properly like goes through to 100%. but after i get errors.

[QUOTE=FIGHT3R;2507201]
it worked for a while, using various different software and media discs.

but, i started installing different software including poweriso, and the software to mount stuff.

now whenever, i burn something it always has errors, .[/QUOTE]What happens if you get rid of poweriso and that other stuff?

Apart from that, haveing a backup of your data isn’t a bad idea anyways. I’d suggest using an external HDD for that purpose.

Michael

With the Verbatim at least, 8x should be fine - burning slowly doesn’t always guarantee a better result (except with really dodgy media). :wink:

EDIT: Michael snuck in :D…I agree with the external HDD suggestion. :iagree: - I keep a backup of almost everything on an external HDD.

i installed quite alot of stuff, so im unsre which 1 could be affecting but b4 installing different apps, it seemed fine.

another, thing which is odd is that it burns faster, than what i choose the burn limit to be.

i use different 1’s with same results.

imageburn, clone cd, convertxdvd.

Can you list any and all burning software currently on your PC?

And as I said, with good quality media (which Verbatim is), there’s no need to set your burn speed so slow. 8x should work fine. :wink:

ill, take the chance and reinstall all of windows with the recovery discs.

but, just before i do that is thier a certain software which can be used to detect fault in burns, or in the burner?

[QUOTE=FIGHT3R;2507220]ill, take the chance and reinstall all of windows with the recovery discs.[/quote]There is another option:
Prepare a Linux Live system on a USB stick (should have at least 2GB). Ubuntu is nice for that job.
Follow the instructions given here: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/create-a-ubuntu-9-10-live-usb-in-windows/
or http://www.pendrivelinux.com/create-a-ubuntu-9-10-live-usb-from-cd/
Then boot from the USB stick and run the built-in CD/DVD writing application. If there are the same issues, then some hardware is faulty.

And please note: some softwares (including ImgBurn) let you select any speed ignoring that the given drive/media combination is offering only a few valid values. So check what speeds are supported by your drive for the inserted blank disc and select a matching value. Any other speed values are ignored and the drive “does what it wants”.

Michael