Samsung TSST corp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z slow

Hello friends, I’m new to this website and this is my first post/thread.

I don't know why I'm unable to name the thread relating to my problem.
 B'caz it is displaying nothing when I click preview post with a title
 relating to my problem.

I’m using Samsung TSST corp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z DVD Writer, when I write DVD-R normally it takes 14min to complete at 4x speed when the OS is new ( I mean freshly installed ). But after some days, it is taking 55min to complete at the same 4x speed. why?

When I again format the system and install windows xp again, the problem won’t appear but after few days the problem occurs again. Is there any solution for this?

My configuration is

Intel p4 processor 2.4GHz,
Mercury PVM4 Motherboard,
512MB RAM ( two 256MB RAMs),
using Windows XP SP2,
having 4.8GB free space in Windows directory.

Hope some one will help and solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to CDFreaks,

check if DMA is enabled: http://club.cdfreaks.com/1712829-post5.html

Please provide the MID (Manufacturing ID and Media Code) of the Media you are attempting record data to.
If you are unaware of how to obtain MID (Manufacturing ID and Media Code) of your DVD media suggest using DVD Identifier (DVD Identifier - Your DVD, HD DVD & Blu-ray Companion).

Take care
TOSHIBAer

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Loverboy_Balu;1915506]I don’t know why I’m unable to name the thread relating to my problem.
B’caz it is displaying nothing when I click preview post with a title
relating to my problem.[/quote]You had chosen to name the thread “hello”.
Fixed btw.

I also have to admit there might be some quirks in the new forum software.

Michael

[QUOTE=TOSHIBAer;1915520]Hi and welcome to CDFreaks,

check if DMA is enabled: http://club.cdfreaks.com/1712829-post5.html

Please provide the MID (Manufacturing ID and Media Code) of the Media you are attempting record data to.
If you are unaware of how to obtain MID (Manufacturing ID and Media Code) of your DVD media suggest using DVD Identifier (DVD Identifier - Your DVD, HD DVD & Blu-ray Companion).

Take care
TOSHIBAer[/QUOTE]

Thank u for u’r quick reply.

These r my screenshots. In the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, I have two primary IDE channels and two secondary IDE channels. See below.

When I click the advance settings of first primary IDE channel, I’m having this image.

When I click the advance settings of second primary IDE channel, I’m having this image.

When I click the advance settings of first secondary IDE channel, I’m having this image.

When I click the advance settings of second secondary IDE channel, I’m having this image.

I’m using Daemon Tools software which enables virtual dvdrom drive on my computer to view image files like .iso, .bin etc. Is this a reason for second secondary IDE channel? I tried to uninstall those two extra primay and secondary IDE channels but when I restart the system windows xp is detecting them again and installing drivers.

This is my Nero info Tool image.

Finally this is my DVD identifier Image.

I fogot to mention that during the process of writing a DVD my buffer level is varying very much. It goes up and down i.e., from 98% to even 19% also.

I found the similar problem thread here http://club.cdfreaks.com/f59/problem-burning-dvd-buffer-level-changing-burning-takes-long-time-92688/, but I didn’t understood anything. Please some one help me. Thanks in advance.

You might try forcing windows to re-detect the devices and reload the drivers.
If there is a controller problem, that will fix it.

You will need to go to the Device Manager and open the DVD\CD-ROM Drives listing.
You will Right click on the CD/DVD Drive and select ‘Un-install’ from the Drop-Down Menu.
Next you will need to open the IDE ATA\ATAPI Controllers listing.
You will need to right click on the [B]first primary [/B]IDE channel and the [B]first secondary [/B]IDE channel and select [B]‘Un-install’ [/B]from the drop down menu.

You will be prompted to re-boot, so do so. It will need to re-detect the devices and will take longer to boot.
Once it finishes it will prompt for a second reboot.
After that finishes, please try the drive again.

Take care
TOSHIBAer

[QUOTE=TOSHIBAer;1916319]You might try forcing windows to re-detect the devices and reload the drivers.
If there is a controller problem, that will fix it.

You will need to go to the Device Manager and open the DVD\CD-ROM Drives listing.
You will Right click on the CD/DVD Drive and select ‘Un-install’ from the Drop-Down Menu.
Next you will need to open the IDE ATA\ATAPI Controllers listing.
You will need to right click on the [B]first primary [/B]IDE channel and the [B]first secondary [/B]IDE channel and select [B]‘Un-install’ [/B]from the drop down menu.

You will be prompted to re-boot, so do so. It will need to re-detect the devices and will take longer to boot.
Once it finishes it will prompt for a second reboot.
After that finishes, please try the drive again.

Take care
TOSHIBAer[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot :), this solved my problem.

But when I write CD (700MB) with this DVD Writer, it writes 100% and then at lead-out, cd makes some sound and Nero 6.6 informs that burn process failed at 24x. Why so?

At the end of any write attempt with Nero will ask you if you wish to Save, Print, or Discard the log file from the write attempt.
It’s best to save to your Desktop so you do not loose the file, after that, please post it here. Remove your Nero serial first from it

If you forgot to save the logfile, there is a Nero History.Log in the default directory of the program:

[B]C:\Programs\Ahead\Nero[/B]

It is automatically created by Nero and will also help to solve your problem.

Take care
[B]TOSHIBAer[/B]