Samsung ts-l633b deleted firmware

vbimport

Hello guys, unfortunately I deleted the player with the firmware how do I put it back through dos? I need the file. bin

Hi and Welcome!

what did you do exactly? Please describe your problem more in detail.

Just like a motherboard Bios, the firmware of a device sits on a tiny chip on its PCB. Unless force is applied, it is close to impossible to erase the firmware of a device.

Michael

P.S.: The method to retrieve the naked firmware binary from official firmware packages is described in the FAQ (see my signature)

In particular I was flashando the reader of the xbox360 but I accidentally selected the player of the PC,Then I thought about writing exit, but acknowledged erase and then deleted everything… PS: I am Italian and I do not understand much English so excuse me if something wrong… , All this I did it from MS-​​DOS

Okay. So you had to use a command line switch in order to override the hardware check. Well, sh!t happens. :smiley:

Get the official firmware from Samsungodd.com (links see FAQ) or the manufacturer of your computer and extract the firmware binary with 7-zip (WinRar should do also). Then follow the instructions of your flasher tool. If this doesn’t work, you need a new drive then.

Michael

Ok done and rewritten with the C01 firmware if I remember correctly, the player that opens but does not read any disk, but now since I just do not know if windows 7 is because it is incompatible with the OS as I have said or propio the reader … you’re saying? Jhon :slight_smile:

Okay. At first, check device manager if there are any problems indicated, also check if the drive is properly recognised.
If all is okay, then do the final check:
Get a bootable disc, insert into your drive and see if you can boot your computer from that disc. Please note, in case you are using a Windows install disc, you may need to press a key in order to start from the disc. So watch the screen output carefully.

If that test fails, then the drive is considered dead.

Michael

so if the test fails, the reader is garbage?

Unfortunately, yes.
Few years ago, I killed a drive in a similar way.

Michael