Samsung SW-248F Problem

vbimport

Hello Everyone;
I am new to this site and am excited about sharing and learning from all of you. I am having a problem with my CD burner that has just cropped up in the last day or so. I am running Win2000 pro and am using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. When I use the “Disk Copy” routine to copy a disc, everything runs as it has for the last 2+ years except when it come to the end of writing and goes to close the disk it stops at 97% and give me the message “Writing completed Successfully” but the disc tray doesn’t open and the “Cancel” and “Help” buttons are not accessible. Mouse moves but rest of system is hung solid. Ctr-Alt-Del clears desktop but no Taskmanager. I have to hit the reset button to recover. This doesn’t happen with Creator Classic and also doesn’t happen if I use my LG DVD burner to burn the CD. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me at : Lewisusa1@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Chris

I don’t know what “Creator Classic” is. If it’s like Nero Burning Rom and Nero Express, use Creator Classic only until you can fix what’s wrong with the Creator configuration. What about when you burn in Nero Burning ROM? No problem in LG? Then surely a Creator bug or configuration problem. Does only copying CD to CD create the 97% trouble?