Samsung SW-212 overclocking

vbimport

I just posted the article Samsung SW-212 overclocking.

panpan2 used our newssubmit to tell us that he has succesfully overclocked his Samsung SW 212, a 12 speed writer, to the SW 216 a 16 speed writer.

I flashed my SAMSUNG SW-212B fimware BS07…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2382-Samsung-SW-212-overclocking.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/2382-Samsung-SW-212-overclocking.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I got a Samsung SW-408B with firmware BS2. The Speed is 8x8x32. Do you think I can get any luck with mine? Or are there any dangers associated with burner overclocking? I just wanna be safe…

Buy a condom if you wanna be safe4

Beleieve me your not gonna get any speed improvements by upgrading to the 16x software… The burn speed is stricly hardware and if you do get the 16x burner after the update it will be unstable… Few months back I flashed my 8x HP 9110i to a 10x… It just gave me lots of problems… :r Stick with what you have… :wink:

i have hacked the SW-216 Firmware to enable you to flash it with the sfdnwin.exe. you can download the hacked firmware here : http://fhalckon.multimania.com/212-216.zip

I tried to upgrade my Samsung but my Win 98 crashed during the operation. Now I haven’t a CDRW any longer… At least not for my BIOS. Probably I will have to re-flash the toaster… :c

I triede to oc my Samsung 212B and all went well but now my Bios can’t find my burner :frowning: thats NOT good

Why Bother? the sw224b(241040) costs almost the same as the 216b (± 100$ USd)sell the old one (shouldn’t be too difficult) and buy the new one… no need to damage your cdrw… :4

I don’t know in which planet panpan lives, but NOT on earth, I’m sure. The sw212b and the 216b are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Machines. The sw212b has 8Mb buffer and no buffer underrun technology, whereas the sw216b has only 2Mb buffer and uses JustLink for buffer underrun protection. Don’t listen to any bullshit! Try to flash your 212b with the 216b firmware and you’ll be in SERIOUS trouble!:frowning:

Hey, can anyone help??? i have a Samsung SW 216 burner and while i was upgrading the firmware, the computer crashed… Now the drive is being detected as a RICOH firmloader2 or something like that. Is there any way I can fix this problem?? HELP PLEASE!!! i wanna burn CD’s!!

Hey, can anyone help??? i have a Samsung SW 216 burner and while i was upgrading the firmware, the computer crashed… Now the drive is being detected as a RICOH firmloader2 or something like that. Is there any way I can fix this problem?? HELP PLEASE!!! i wanna burn CD’s!! Please EMAIL ME!! IF YOU KNOW OF ANY SOLUTIONS!! THANKS!!

I wouldn’t oc a burner. They are enouph trouble without adding to it. EG: My sw-216b will read an rw disk sometimes. Work all the time with r disk. Upgraded to BS05 (does that mean Bull $#!t)? Any suggestion?

I tried to upgrade my Samsung but now my BIOS can’t detect the burner (sw212) I had to buy a new one :frowning: DON’T FLASH YOUR SW212 WITH THE SW216 BIOS! YOUR BURNER WILL NOT WORK

:):)hhhh