Samsung SN - SO82D won\'t work

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SN-S082D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Just changed the CD writer in my compaq 2104 to a Samsung DVD writer. Popped it in, windows recognised it, but in device manager said it couldn’t load driver. Downloaded driver SS03 driver from Samsung but am now stuck. What to do now .

Hope someone can help - probably something simple.

Cheers

Is there an error code number in Device Manager?

BTW, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

yes code 39

just noticed it’s coming up as S082H in device manager

What version of Windows are you using?

Not sure why it’s showing up differently in Device Manager, but we can probably fix that error :wink:

xp service pack 2, just downloading sp3

Great, thanks :slight_smile:

Go to this MS support page, and follow the instructions for deleting your upper and lower filters from the Registry.

If you’re wary about manually editing the Registry, there’s a Guided Help on the same page, which will help you through the process. :slight_smile:

Cheers for that - now got a working drive - haven’t burned a dvd yet - might be back!

Hehe, you’re welcome, good luck with burning :slight_smile:

Hi again,

New drive rips cds well but won’t let me burn cds or dvds. Is there something simple that I’m doing wrong, any advice out there. I assume I need new software for the dvd - but doesn’t media player have cd burning software?

cheers

Do you have Nero at all? Or Roxio or anything like that?

If not, download the free ImgBurn, and try burning a DVD with that - if it errors out, please post the error log for us. :slight_smile:

In Media Player, do you get an error message or anything when trying to burn a CD?

Hi,

when trying to burn in media player it tells me to install a burner. Checked device manager and device is working properly.

Cheers

I’ve heard of this error with WMP before. Try a forum search and see what you get, as I know it’s been discussed here several times (can’t recall the solution, though).

In the mean time, I’d say try some other (better) burning software :wink: