Samsung SH-W162C Speed problem

vbimport

Hello,

I have a SH-W162C and recently I bought some Emtec 16x dvd+r’s…
I can’t burn them faster than 4x! I thought, maybe I need a firmware update… so I updated to TS11… but it didn’t work…

Do you guys know how to solve this problem!?
Please help. :frowning:

Hi and Welcome!

please post the MID of these discs (With Nero CD/DVD Speed just post the output of the “disc info” tab.

If these discs are only supported @4x by your drive - even with latest firmware - then you can’t do anything about that. Emtec is ******* anyway.

Michael

Just buy better/supported media, emtec is no good choice.

Thanks for the reply’s.
Normally I buy Mmore or Platinum dvd’s… these are much cheaper… but where sold out at the moment, so I bought the Emtec’s (a few euro’s extra).

But is there a way I can burn these discs at a higher speed? With some tweaks?

@Chef
I’m not going to buy just new media… I just got 100 of these emtec’s… damn i’m a student :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

What about the MID of these media as requested?

Normally I buy Mmore or Platinum dvd’s…
:Z
these are much cheaper… but where sold out at the moment, so I bought the Emtec’s (a few euro’s extra).
Mmore and Platinum are poor quality discs, too. No difference to Emtec.

But is there a way I can burn these discs at a higher speed? With some tweaks?
No. If you had posted the MID, someone could have a look if this is supported by the firmware of your drive…

I’m not going to buy just new media… I just got 100 of these emtec’s… damn i’m a student :stuck_out_tongue:
So you can afford throwing your money away by buying junk media? :disagree:

Michael

Never had any problems with Platinum or Mmore…

Anyways…
When I posted my last reply I wasn’t at home… so here is the MID…

MID : MJC 005 000 (00h)

Hi,

They might work for you, but you never know, what media they put into the box.

so here is the MID…
MID : MJC 005 000 (00h)
This MID is not supported in firmware TS11 for SH-W162C, so it is written with a default strategy @4x.

Michael

Thanks mciahel!

There is no way that this discs are going faster then 4x?
I mean… there is no way to set the default speed any higher?

Hi,

Not with this drive.

I mean… there is no way to set the default speed any higher?
No.
You’ll have to stick with 4x [B]and [/B]poor writing quality unless Samsung releases a newer firmware for this drive. My SHW163A is similar as yours, and its firmware supports this MID.

Michael

okay… too bad…

I will keep an eye out for new firmware from Samsung… hopefully they will release new firmware in the near future.

Thanks for your help!

I found something… http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/

Can this solve my problem???

Hi,

I used MCSE to check wether the firmware of your drive supports the media you posted.

Can this solve my problem???
No, as Samsung drives are only supported as read-only (according to the readme) and as there is a checksum that can’t be overriden, so at least flashing any modified firmware will fail (or even kill your drive).

Michael

okay… thanks again!

Then I think I have to buy better discs in the future. :iagree: